Technology & Combat Characteristics
Based on the MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame that appeared in the Astray series, the Gunpla built by Nils Nielsen embodied his preference to his Japanese Heritage. Aesthetically, it greatly resembles a Samurai, with an enlarged V-fin that is modeled after the Crest-horn and additional facial scrupling that is modeled after a men. The Red Frame's original faceplate is hidden underneath this extra plating and can be revealed if the extra plate is destroyed. The unit is armed with two swords and a shield, and has been uparmored, with the new shoulder armor containing a pair of hidden arms. The thrusters have also been relocated to the back of the shoulder armor.
In the hands of Nils, an expert on both Japanese martial arts and anti-particle research, Sengoku Astray can launch Sword-Ki(刀氣) attacks, which can also be used for defensive purposes. The unit's ultimate attack is the ‘Particle Fa Jin’. An attack derived from Chinese martial arts, it allows the Sengoku Astray to send its own Plavsky Particles into the opponent’s Gunpla and destroy it from within. However, this attack can be stopped if the Plavsky particles cannot flow through. The ‘Particle Fa Jin’ can be performed using the main arms or the hidden arms.
- Samurai Sword
- The Sengoku Astray's primary weapons, they are called Kiku-ichimonji and Kotetsu. By swinging the swords, the Sengoku Astray can launch Sword-Ki attacks, giving it some form of ranged attack capability. This attack is strong enough to counter the Tallgeese Valkyrie's Full Power Mega Beam Cannon. The swords can also deflect ranged beam attacks and thanks to the particle alteration coating applied on their blades, they can easily cut through opponents' particle-based attacks and barriers. When not in use, the swords are stored on top of the shoulder.
- Oni No Tate
- A shield in the form of a Oni's face, it is normally mounted on the Sengoku Astray's back to provide rear protection. The shield is dismounted from the back when additional frontal protection is required, such as when the suit is faced with heavy frontal attacks. This rarely happens as Nils prefers to use the Samurai Swords for both defense and offense.
- Radome Yo-Yo
- A weapon given to the Sengoku Astray at random during the Original Weapon Battle. The Sengoku Astray wraps the yo-yo's string around the Dreissen's neck before plucking it to emit an electric shock that knocks out its opponent.
Special Equipment and Features
- Built by Nils for the Gunpla Race segment of the Gunpla World Tournament, it is a horse-like support unit originated from Mobile Fighter G Gundam. The Sengoku Astray rides on top of it during the race.
- Sengoku Yoroi
- Sengoku Yoroi refers to the new armor parts on the shoulders (which can also be referred to seperately as 'Kata Yoroi') and around the knees that Nils created for the Sengoku Astray. They are meant to remedy the lack of armor on the normal Gundam Astray Red Frame. The armor placement takes into account Nils's battling style and are fitted in areas where the suit is likely to get hit. The black shoulder side armor can also transform into a pair of arms that can hold the Samurai Swords, or be used to perform the 'Particle Fa Jin' attack.
- Particle Alteration Coating
- A special coating that Nils applied on the Samurai Swords' blades. This coating changes the Plavsky particle band based on the direction of the blades, allowing them to cut through beams. Furthermore, when it matches the Battle Field's control particle band, the swords can easily penetrate a particle-based barrier. However, this coating can also be a double-edged sword, as in the Star Build Strike's case, the particle band was matched to the Build Knuckle, but it accelerated causing the particle band to change, and the Sengoku Astray's coating was unable to match the particle band in time and so the sword broke. This shows that matching the coating to the particle band takes some time and thus in that time relies on the durability of the swords.
For the history of Sengoku Astray Gundam, go to Nils Nielsen's page.
- "侍ノ弐" means Samurai Unit 2 in Japanese, keeping in touch with the Musha Gundam theme of the suit.
- Unlike typical names and model number, Astray uses Kanji and Hiragana (Japanese names) instead of katakana and romaji (English names)
- Like The MBF-P02Kai Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai, the two Samurai Swords carried the Japanese name of "菊一文字" and "虎徹". There are two ways to translate them: 1) Hiragana translation: "Kiku-ichimonji" and "Kotetsu" and 2) Literal Translation: "Gerbera Straight" and "Tiger Pierce". The latter names are used for the official translation of Gundam Astray Red Frame Kai's Katanas. It was unknown what Nil actually calls his swords, but there are some unconfirmed speculations that Nils, in keeping with his naming conventions, registered the weapons with Kanji and Hiragana naming.
|Build Fighters Mobile Weapons|
|Build Fighters' Original Mobile Weapons|
AC-01 Miss Sazabi | BuCUE Tank | GAT-X105B Build Strike Gundam | GAT-X105B/FP Build Strike Gundam Full Package | GAT-X105B/ST Star Build Strike Gundam | GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh | Gundam Exia Dark Matter | Gyan Gya Gyan | KUMA-03 Beargguy III | MS-06R-AB Zaku Amazing | MSN-02GA Hell Zeong Galaxy | MSN-02MR Hell Zeong Marine | NMX-004 Qubeley Papillon | OZ-00MSVa Tallgeese Valkyrie | PPGN-001 Gundam Amazing Exia | PPMS-18E Kämpfer Amazing | RGM-79K9 GM Sniper K9 | RX-178B Build Gundam Mk-II | XXXG-01Wf Wing Gundam Fenice | YMS-15SS Gyan | ZM-D11GRB Abigorbine | 侍ノ弐 Sengoku Astray Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Build Fighters' Cameo Mobile Weapons|
AC-01 Miss Sazabi | AEU-09 AEU Enact | AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra | AMA-01X Jamru Fin | AMS-119 Geara Doga | AMX-002 Neue Ziel | AMX-004G Qubeley Mass Production Type | AMX-009 Dreissen | AMX-015 Geymalk | AMX-107 Bawoo | AMX-109 Capule | AMX-117L Gazu-L | AMX-117R Gazu-R | Apsalus III | BuCUE Tank | CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1 | D-50C Loto | EMS-05 Agg | EMS-10 Zudah | Extreme Gundam | F71B G-Cannon Magna | F91 Gundam F91 | FLAT-L06D FLAT | FX-9900 GX-Bit | Fuunsaiki | G-838 Mahiroo | G-M1F Bandit | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Space Mode | GAT-SO2R N Dagger N | GAT-X102 Duel Gundam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X105B Build Strike Gundam | GAT-X105B/FP Build Strike Gundam Full Package | GAT-X105B/ST Star Build Strike Gundam | GF12-035NH/GF13-001NH Kowloon Gundam | GF13-002NGR Zeus Gundam | GF13-006NA Gundam Maxter | GF13-021NG Gundam Spiegel | GF13-026ND Mermaid Gundam | GF13-030NIN Cobra Gundam | GF13-037NCA Lumber Gundam | GF13-044NNP Mandala Gundam | GF13-066NO Nether Gundam | GN-002 Gundam Dynames | GN-003 Gundam Kyrios | GN-005 Gundam Virtue | GNMA-XCVII Alvatore | GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron | GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei | GNX-603T GN-X | GPB-04B Beargguy | GPB-06F Super Custom Zaku F2000 | GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam | GT-9600-D Gundam Leopard Destroy | GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X | GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh | Gundam Exia Dark Matter | Gyan Gya Gyan | Hirame Gundam | JDG-00X Devil Gundam | JMA-0530 Walking Dome | KUMA-03 Beargguy III | Knight Gundam | LM111E03 Gunblaster | LM312V04 Victory Gundam | LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam | MA-04X Zakrello | MA-06 Val Walo | MBF-M1 M1 Astray | MBF-M1A M1A Astray | MMS-01 Serpent | MRC-F20 SUMO | MRX-009 Psyco Gundam | MS-05B Zaku I | MS-06E-3 Zaku Flipper | MS-06F Zaku II | MS-06R-AB Zaku Amazing | MS-06V Zaku Tank | MS-07B Gouf | MS-09B Dom | MS-09G Dwadge | MS-14C Gelgoog Cannon | MSA-0011 S Gundam | MSA-003+FXA-05D Nemo-Defenser | MSA-005 Methuss | MSJ-06II-SP Tieren Taozi | MSK-008 Dijeh | MSM-03C Hygogg | MSM-07 Z'Gok | MSM-10 Zock | MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki | MSN-01 Psycomu Test High Mobility Type Zaku II | MSN-02GA Hell Zeong Galaxy | MSN-02MR Hell Zeong Marine | MSN-03 Jagd Doga | MSN-06S Sinanju | MSN-06S Sinanju Stein | MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam | MVF-M11C Murasame | Musha Gundam | NEL-75C Butler Bensouman | NMX-004 Qubeley Papillon | NRX-0013 Gundam Virsago | NRX-0013-CB Gundam Virsago Chest Break | NRX-0015 Gundam Ashtaron | NRX-044 Asshimar | NRX-055 Baund Doc | NZ-333 α Azieru | NZ-666 Kshatriya | OZ-00MSVa Tallgeese Valkyrie | OZ-02MD Virgo | OZ-07AMS Aries | OZ-08MMS Cancer | OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius | OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon | OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius | PMX-000 Messala | PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn | PMX-003 The O | PPGN-001 Gundam Amazing Exia | PPMS-18E Kämpfer Amazing | RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam | RB-79 Ball | RGC-80 GM Cannon | RGC-83 GM Cannon II | RGM-109 Heavygun | RGM-111 Hardygun | RGM-79C Powered GM | RGM-79K9 GM Sniper K9 | RGM-79N GM Custom | RGM-86R GM III | RGM-89 Jegan | RGZ-91 Re-GZ | RMS-009 Septem | RMS-014G Octape Kai | RMS-099 Rick Dias | RMS-108 Marasai | RMS-117 Galbaldy β | RMSN-002 Febral | RX-105 Ξ Gundam | RX-110 Gabthley | RX-121-1 Gundam TR-1 (Hazel Custom) | RX-139 Hambrabi | RX-178B Build Gundam Mk-II | RX-77-2 Guncannon | RX-78-2 Gundam | RX-78-4 Gundam Unit 4 "G04" | RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" | RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis" | RX-79(G) Gundam Ground Type | RX-79BD-1 GM Blue Destiny Unit 1 | RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-93 (TYPE-M) Musha ν Gundam | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam | SDV-04 Command Gundam | SVMS-01O Over Flag | Satan Gundam | Superior Dragon | TAF-M9 Eagail | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero | UMF-4A GOOhN | UMF-5 ZnO | UMF/SSO-3 ASH | XM-01 Den'an Zon | XM-02 Den'an Gei | XM-05 Berga Giros | XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe | XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai | XXXG-01W Wing Gundam | XXXG-01Wf Wing Gundam Fenice | YF-3A GINN FEMWS | YMS-09 Prototype Dom | YMS-15 Gyan | YMS-15SS Gyan | ZGMF-1000/A1 Gunner ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1017 GINN | ZGMF-600 GuAIZ | ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam | ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper | ZM-D11GRB Abigorbine | ZM-S06S Zoloat | ZM-S09G Tomliat | ZM-S14S Contio | ZM-S19S Shy-Tarn | ZM-S22S Rig Shokew | ZMT-D15M Galguyu | ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa | ZMT-S29 Zanneck | 侍ノ弐 Sengoku Astray Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
Build Fighters +
17.9 m (58.727 ft, 704.724 in) +
Junichi Akutsu +
Sengoku Astray Gundam +
Close Quarters Combat +
58.2 tonne +
|Modification dateThis property is a special property in this wiki.||
4 March 2014 22:08:42 +
|Page has default formThis property is a special property in this wiki.|
|No properties link to this page.|