Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Hellion Medium was developed as a stopgap between the Initium and the AEU-05/05 AEU Hellion Perpetuum. The Hellion Medium was the first mobile suit to utilize a Linear Rifle, a weapon that would become standard in all AEU and Union mobile suits afterward. The Hellion Medium was also the first mobile suit to be dockable with its own mobile armor, the AEU-MA0707 Agrissa Type 7.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- Mounted next to the cockpit. Used to shoot down incoming missiles. This weapon is not very effective in mobile suit combat.
- Defense Rod
- A standard defensive feature of AEU and Union mobile suits. The defense rod is a rotating rod usually connected to the elbow joint of the mobile suits left arm. The rod is capable of deflecting certain physical rounds such as bullets from a machine gun and in some cases a shot from a beam rifle by generating plasma field.
- Linear Rifle
- A rifle that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds. The Hellion Medium's linear rifle is smaller and less powerful than the rifle of its successor units, the AEU-05/05 AEU Hellion Perpetuum and AEU-09 AEU Enact.
- Sonic Blade
- The standard melee weapon of both the AEU's and Union's mobile suits. A sonic blade is a folding dagger-like weapon that incorporates a high-frequency oscillating blade. The vibrations of the oscillating blade greatly increase the weapon's cutting capabilities.
- Linear Launcher
- The linear launcher is essentially a bazooka sized version of the linear rifle. It uses electromagnetic rails to accelerate physical projectiles. It is unknown if the linear launcher possesses greater power than the linear rifle.
The Advanced European Union introduced the AEU-05/00 AEU Hellion Medium in AD 2300 to replace the eight year old AEU-05/92 AEU Hellion Initium model. The Hellion Medium served as the Advanced European Union's mainstay mobile suit model for five years, until in AD 2305 where it was replaced by the further upgraded AEU-05/05 AEU Hellion Perpetuum model.