Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Enact Landstriker is a customized AEU-09 AEU Enact for its mobile suit pilot, Klaus Grad. The Enact itself is docked with a "Sand Chariot" hovercraft to increase mobility on land and amphibious assault; the configuration gives it higher stealth and infiltration capabilities. In addition to the hovercraft, the Landstriker Package also has a laser cannon and replaces the linear rifle with a linear machine gun. However, even with all these upgrades, the Enact Landstriker is comparably weaker and non-threatening against modern GN powered Earth Sphere Federation Army units such as units from the GN-X series.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- The 20mm machine gun is mounted next to the drum cockpit. This rapid-fire armament is ideal for shooting down incoming missiles or small vehicles. The 20mm machine gun however is generally ineffective in against heavily armored targets like mobile suits.
- Linear Machine Gun
- An upgrade of the normal Linear Gun, the Linear Machine Gun is a weapon that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds in a very high rate. While effective against the armor non-GN mobile suits, linear weapons are ineffective at penetrating the armor of GN mobile suits like the GN-XIII.
- Sonic Blade
- The standard melee weapon of both the AEU's and Union's mobile suits. A sonic blade is a folding dagger-like weapon that incorporates a high-frequency oscillating blade. The vibrations of the oscillating blade greatly increase the weapon's cutting capabilities. The weapon has been known to cause pain to the ears of nearby people not properly protected. It can focus plasma in a sword shape to form a plasma sword.
- Laser Cannon
- The strongest weapon of the AEU Enact Landstriker Package, the Laser Cannon fire devastating beam of lasers that can destroy most mobile suit and aircrafts with a glancing hit. However because of many flaws such as the high power requirement, low firing-rate and overheating, this weapon can only be used for a short amount of time and is not quite effective in real live MS battles.
- Defense Rod
- A standard defensive feature of AEU and Union mobile suits. The defense rod is a rotating rod usually connected to the elbow joint of the mobile suits left arm. The rod is capable of deflecting certain physical rounds such as bullets from a machine gun and in some cases a shot from a beam rifle by generating a plasma field.
- Depending on mission parameters, the Enact can be equipped with different missiles. These missiles are usually stored in the shin compartment, which when the missiles are fired would open to launch them.
- Drum Cockpit
- The drum cockpit is designed to reduce the G forces exerted on the pilot during the unit's flight. It achieves this by having the pilot sit in a lying down fashion. Overall this decreases the burden on the pilot. A sub-cockpit is located in the waist for escape purposes. This feature was originally from the SVMS-01 Union Flag.
- "Sand Chariot" Hovercraft
- To increase the mobility of the Enact Landstriker, it can be docked with a "Sand Chariot" Hovercraft, in a similar fashion to the Mobile Armor AEU-MA07013 Agrissa Type 13. It has the same principal of nowday Hovercraft: creating a cushion of high-pressure air between the hull of the vessel and the surface below, thus allowing it to travel over land, water, mud or ice and other surfaces both at speed and when stationary. The Hovercraft also carries propellant tanks and extra ammunition for the Enact.
- Visor AI
- This AI on the Enact is used to control the patterns made by the unit's visor. This feature was originally from the Union's Flag.
- Smoke Discharger
- Because of Katharon's guerrilla warfare tactics, the Enact Landstriker Package comes with a smoke discharger, used to temporary blind enemies's eyes and visual sensors, or send easily identifiable messages even when there is a high GN particle density in the air.
Amy Zimbalist in his GNX-604T Advanced GN-X engaged in combat against the Enact Land Striker Package, piloted by Klaus Grado. Klaus had the purpose of separating Amy, who was guarding a Earth Sphere Federation Army base. Klaus apparently succeeded as Katharon eventually blew up the ESF Army base. Klaus successfully retreated after this attack. After the battle, Amy found out that his opponent Klaus belonged to the third Middle East branch, and swore that he would take revenge on him as his fated rival. However, they never met again.
Notes & Trivia
Articles & References