Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AEU-MA07013 Agrissa Type 13 (aka Agrissa, Agrissa Type 13), is an old mobile armor used in the 5th Solar Wars that can dock with AEU-09Y812/A AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom Agrissa Type in Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Despite being seen docked with a mobile suit, the Agrissa unit can be operated on its own. The Agrissa's weapon includes a plasma field, six melee claws, a plasma cannon, and the standard weaponry of the AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom. It also has a special coating on its armor to resist its own plasma weapons, linear reflectors on its legs to trap enemy units, and two power receiving antennae on the sides for receiving a direct supply of power from the orbital elevator's generation system. The two antennae helps to support the mobile armor's huge energy expenditure. The usual combat tactic involves the Agrissa trapping the enemy between its legs, activate the plasma field to injure or kill the pilot, and finally, destroy the enemy's machine with the plasma cannon if required. When the Agrissa unit is damaged to the point of destruction, the mobile suit control unit can be used as an escape mechanism.
- Plasma Field
- The plasma field is not designed to destroy the enemy machine, rather it is for harming the enemy pilot. The plasma field is generated by the 6 disc-shaped generators present on the inner surface of the mobile armor's legs. Hence, the Agrissa has to surround the enemy machine with its legs before it can use the plasma field. When deployed, a field of ionized gas surrounds the trapped enemy machine and acts as a conductive medium for an intense electrical discharge. This discharge creates non-destructive interference with the enemy machine's electrical systems as well as causing great pain to the pilot or any personnel within. The electrical discharge can reach lethal levels if the Agrissa pilot so chooses.
- Plasma Cannon
- Mounted below the front portion of the mobile armor, the plasma cannon's attack power is beyond those of a mobile suit. The plasma cannon can be used in conjunction with the plasma field if required, and this allows the destruction of the trapped enemy machine, something that the plasma field cannot.
- Melee Claw
- Each of the Agrissa's six legs is tipped with a melee claw for close combat use.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- Located on the docked AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom, the 20mm machine gun is mounted next to the MS' drum cockpit. This rapid-fire armament is ideal for shooting down incoming missiles or small vehicles. The 20mm machine gun however is generally ineffective in against heavily armored targets like mobile suits.
- Large Sonic Blade
- The Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom uses an enlarged version of the standard Enact's sonic blade, and because of its size, it is mounted externally on the elbow joint instead of being stored in the forearms. A sonic blade is a folding dagger-like weapon that incorporates a high-frequency oscillating blade. The vibrations of the oscillating blade greatly increase the weapon's cutting capabilities. The weapon has been known to cause pain to the ears of nearby people not properly protected. It can focus plasma in a sword shape to form a plasma sword.
- Blade Rifle
- Used by the docked AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom, the Blade Rifle is a combination of the linear rifle (a rifle that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds) with a large carbon blade. The carbon blade is stored above the rifle's barrel and slides forwards when in use. With the blade rifle, the Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom can quickly switch between ranged and melee combat without changing weapons. The carbon blade can also split into two, forming a scissor-like weapon while the rifle itself can also mount other weaponry, like the missile launcher.
Special Equipment & Features
- Linear Reflector
- Linear reflectors are installed on the sides of the mobile armor's legs, they are capable of releasing a magnetic substance that can immobilize the enemy machine. They are often used in conjunction with the plasma field to ensure that the enemy machine cannot escape from the field.
After the skirmish at Taklamakan Desert, Exia was withdrawing on his retreat route. This was when Ali al-Saachez in his Enact docked with the Agrissa engaged Exia. Setsuna exhausted from the previous battle was sluggish to the controls. This combined with the piloting skills of Ali was able to knock down the Exia to the ground. Possibly due to pilot exhaustion or Exia being hard to control due to damage, Exia remained still while Agrissa proceeded to activate its Plasma field above him. With the mission order to capture the Gundam the plasma field was the best option as it would only kill the pilot by electrocution. Close to killing the pilot the Agrissa was attacked and destroyed by the Gundam Throne Drei.
The AEU Enact must have had a fuselage modification to allow it to operate the plasma field within the Agrissa. Considering the AEU Enact is a new model that was not introduced until AD 2307, it is likely that during the 5th Solar War, the Agrissa was operated by an older mobile suit such as the Hellion.
- The Agrissa resembles the YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe, as both mobile armors have 6 legs, a humanoid torso attached on top, and they both also retract their legs during flight mode.
- ↑ HG 1/144 AEU-09 AEU Enact Demonstration Color manual
- ↑ HG 1/144 SVMS-01 Union Flag manual
- ↑ Gundam 00V Weapons Development Chart