Technology & Combat Characteristics
A high speed variant of the AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal, at 33.4 tons, it is almost 25% lighter than the AGE-1 Normal. The Spallow was developed to counter the UE's high speed mobile suit, xvv-xc Zedas. The introduction of lighter parts and vernier/attitude control thrusters allows the Spallow to achieve mobility unprecedented in the history of MS. Its speed is at least as great as that of the Zedas, and its "Shiguru Blade" short sword has even greater cutting power than the Zedas sword, cutting through its blade with barely any effort. In order to reduce its chances of being detected, it was not given any beam weapons.
- Shiguru Blade
- A short sword that functions as Spallow's main weapon; the Shiguru Blade can cut through the armor and sword of the Zedas. The Spallow can increase cutting strength by using the blade in conjunction with a built-in forearm thruster. Despite its appearance, the blade is actually really heavy and requires the whole body to swing in order to make the blade swing as well. The blade also requires time to solidify itself after cuts and is not designed to be used for long periods.
- The AGE System is the Special OS for the Gundam AGE-1 engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only person who can use this system is Flit himself. In order to mobilize the Gundam, the AGE Device must be used.
For the history of the AGE-1 Spallow, go to Flit Asuno's page
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 14, Flash of Sorrow
- ↑ According to p.105 of the Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization, the AGE-1 Spallow uses repulsive forces, produced by the interaction of energy fields that are generated throughout the body, to achieve high acceleration and deceleration in the vacuum of space. It is capable of breaking the sound barrier
- ↑ January 26, 2009. SOTSU 2012 Sunrise, MBS site. Official Mobile Suit Gundam AGE "MS Gundam AGE-1 Spallow".
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "Gundam Sparrow AGE-1" Assembly Instructions , 1/144 scale Gundam HG model AGE, No.07, Bandai, (2011)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Master Grade 1/100 "AGE-1S Gundam AGE-1 Spallow" model kit manual
- ↑ The Shiguru Blade uses single-molecule high-speed vibration to offset resistance when cutting physical objects. It is usually aimed at the joints of enemy MS. p.105, Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization.
- ↑ The projectiles are fired to a speed of 30 kilometers per second by repulsive forces. p.108, Gundam Age Vol. 2 novelization.