Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AGE-2DH Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound is the modified version of the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal first featured in the manga Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memories of Sid and the Kio Arc and Three Generation Arc of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. The unit is piloted by the leader of the Space Pirates Bisidian, Captain Ash.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
After the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal was heavily damaged by Sid, the Earth Federation salvaged both the AGE System Core and the AGE Device, while Bisidian members took the remains of the mobile suit, and its pilot, Asemu Asuno. The said scrap parts were taken to the Madorna Workshop to be repaired, but Asemu decided to hide his identity and became a permanent member of Bisidian. He chose to have the mobile suit reworked to hide the fact that he was still alive and the result was the creation of Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound.
The Dark Hound shared the same specifications as its predecessor, with the exception of the Wear System and the AGE System. Being a high-speed combat unit, it is able to transform into Flight mode, a fighter-like form which flies at three times the speed of its MS mode. Its transformation systems have been restored to perfection, resulting in further improved mobility. In this form, it is capable of atmospheric entry. Aside from its speed, the Dark Hound possess a DODS Lancer, Anchor Shots and a pair of Beam Sabers for close combat.
- DODS Lancer
- The DODS Lancer is the primary weapon of the Dark Hound. As the name suggests, it is a lance-type weapon used for stabbing into enemy units. It also forms the nose of the Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound's Flight Mode. A pair of DODS Guns are built into the sides of the DODS Lancer, which rapidly firing beam shots.
- Beam Saber
- A sword-like weapon that is used for close combat during battle. Like the Gundam AGE-2 Normal and its variants, two beam sabers are stored on the rear skirt armor. The Dark Hound was able to combine two beam sabers into double-bladed beam saber and uses the combined beam saber as boomerang, as was seen in the final episode.
- Beam Vulcan
- A pair of rapid-fire beam vulcans, which are used to intercept incoming missiles and enemy unit. The beam vulcans are only usable in Flight Mode.
- Anchor Shot
- A wired anchor equipped between each binder of the Dark Hound. It can be launched from the binder to restrain a enemy unit or grab onto a surface. The anchors can also direct electricity to an opponent, shocking them and electrifying their unit. Each Anchor Shot can also be used as a handheld weapon and, if needed, can be used defensively by spinning the wired anchor rapidly to form a makeshift shield.
- Flash Eye
- An special equipment built into the chest of the AGE-2 Dark Hound. This equipment is used to emit a blinding flash of light in order to disorient enemies. The equipment was first used in episode 34, where AGE-2DH Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound battled against the AGE-3 Gundam AGE-3 Normal, piloted by Kio Asuno.
For the history of the AGE-2 Dark Hound, please see Asemu Asuno's page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.24, Bandai, (2011)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Episode 34 Space Pirates Bisidian
- With its dark colors, shot lancer-inspired main weapon, grappling hooks and overall emphasis on pirate themes, the AGE-2 Dark Hound holds many similarities to the XM-X2 Crossbone Gundam X-2.
- In episode 34, Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound landed a kick on the Gundam AGE-3, similar to how Zeheart's Zeydra landed a similar kick on the Gundam AGE-2 in episode 20.
- In episode 39, Gundam AGE-2 Dark Hound used its Anchor Shot to form a makeshift shield, similar to GAT-X370 Raider Gundam, where Raider Gundam used its hammer to form a shield in a similar manner as well.
- AGE-2 Dark Hound, along with the AGE-1 flat, is reminiscent of the GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider in that both are refitted to function without the need of an external input device (AGE Device and G-Controller respectively).