Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
One of the most prominent feature of the Z'od-iacok is its gigantic double mega particle cannon, located within its body. Aside from Colony Lasers, it could be said that the double mega particle cannon is the largest and most powerful cannon-type weapon in the Universal Century. Due to this, it has been said that the actual main body is the mega particle cannon itself. Furthermore, it was equipped with beam deflectors, allowing it to do microadjustment (such as directions and beam speed) during attacks. It can be shot fire-linked, or alternatively fired.
For additional firepower, it was equipped with a quasi-psycommu system, which is used to control its four wire-guided claws. To round it off, it was equipped with eight 60mm vulcans, twelve beam cannons, twelve beam sabers, as well as an I-field generator, located within the front end area, which provide efficient defense during attacks.
Another feature that makes it even more versatile is the ability to separate and transform into two units; it can be splited length wise into Zoon-I (upper section) and Zoon II (lower section). In this mode, it can act as a waverider, and use the atmosphere itself to rapidly change its direction - and like many waveriders, it can enter the atmosphere. (in both Zoon mode and Z'od-iacok mode).
- Large Mega Particle Cannon
- Taking up a good portion of the mobile armors length, this weapon is actually two mega particle cannons that are grouped together. They can fire simultaneously or individually, depending on situation. Frequent use of this weapon can overload the mobile armor, resulting in the unit self-destructing.
- Beam Cannon
- Wired-Beam Claw
- Beam Saber
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard defensive armament of mobile suits and mobile armors, whose lineage can be traced back to the Earth Federation Forces' RX series, is a set of 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
Special Equipment & Features
- I-field Generator
- Quasi-psycommu System
The main purpose of the Z'od-iacok was to conduct high atmospheric attacks from low Earth orbit. As an experimental machine, it was very expensive. However, it had a serious design flaw: the high power consumption of the mega particle cannons frequently overloaded the capacitors during continuous firings, which forced all the power to rush into the mega particle cannon and overloaded it. Since the cannon is located right between the two main engine units, this generates intense heat that may reach and explode the propellant tanks and self-destruct the entire unit. Thus, it was treated as a failure, and was to be decommissioned after testing its unit separation, transformation and beam deflector tests. In the end, it was given to the New Desides and piloted by its ace Tosh Cray, and was destroyed above Earth's atmosphere due to the overload.
- AMA-100 Zoan
- (In English Letters it is sometimes spelled "Zoon". The Japanese spelling sounds like "Zo-ahn")
- The AMA-100 Z’od-iacok can separate into two independent mobile armors, which are referred to as Zoan I (Upper Section) and Zoan II (Lower Section). Like the completed Z’od-iacok, these machines can maneuver in the upper layers of the atmosphere using aerodynamic braking, and each Zoan is armed with a powerful mega particle cannon.
- For close combat situations, the Zoan can transform from its streamlined cruising form into a "fighting form" with crude arms and legs. Its arms terminate in wired beam claws controlled via a quasi-psycommu system, and these claws can function as beam cannons or beam sabers depending on the situation.
- During the final battle of the Pezun Rebellion on April 4, U.C. 0088, the New Desides pilots use the separated Zoan units to battle the mobile suits of Task Force Alpha. Fast Side’s Zoan II is destroyed when its mega particle cannon overloads, and Tosh Cray abandons the Zoan I after setting it on a collision course to the Earth Federation capital in Dakar. However, the falling Zoan I is destroyed by the MSA-0011(Ext) Ex-S Gundam as it enters the atmosphere.
Notes & Trivia
- The Z’od-iacok does not appear in the original serial published in Model Graphix, and is introduced only in the revised version published in Gundam Wars III. For this reason it was omitted from Entertainment Bible 3, which was published before Gundam Wars III, and although it has appeared in video games it has never been featured in the MS Encyclopedia series.
- Although each Zoon supposedly has six small beam cannons and six beam sabers, it's not clear whether these are installed in the "fingers" of the wired beam claws or elsewhere in the machine. The images in Gundam WARS III and the animation in the G Generation games show beams emitted only from the central barrel of the beam claw.
- The GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza seems to have a strong resemblance to the Z'od-iacok.
- Some fans refer to the Z'od-iacok as the Zodiac due to the name's complicated pronunciation.