Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mobile suit used by Neo Zeon as a marine combat unit, it has the same frame as the AMS-129 Geara Zulu so it is easier to manufacture and maintain. At the same time, the AMS-129M Zee Zulu is equipped with ballast tanks, hydro jets, fins, heat knives and iron nails which gives it a better battle capabilities in an aquatic environment.
- Iron Nail
- Because a Beam Saber can't be used underwater, the Zee Zulu is instead armed with six Iron Nails, three mounted on either forearm for close combat. The Iron Nails can be heated to deal more damage.
- Heat Knife
- Aside from the Iron Nails, the Zee Zulu also carries two Heat Knives, one in each hand. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zee Zulu's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS' hands. Because the heat knives do not have the range or the power of the beam saber, the pilot is required to be more precise in their use, relying more on skill than technology.
- Beam Machine Gun
- The beam machine gun's design is (aesthetically) similar to that of the WWII German Sturmgewehr-44, it can shoot yellow beams and can be fired fully-automatic. The gun is powered by a replaceable energy pac, if the energy pac runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one. It can be attached with an optional grenade launcher. It is normally stored in a waterproof container attached to the backpack.
- Heat Sword
- A melee weapon originally developed for the Gouf line of mobile suits. Like the Zaku's heat tomahawk the heat sword is a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity.
A squadron of Zee Zulus were fielded as escorts for the AMA-X7 Shamblo mobile armor, while it began its rampage at the port of Dakar in UC 0096. Neo Zeon pilot Avril Zech used a Zee Zulu to intercept a RAG-79-G1 Waterproof Gundam during the battle. Only two of the Zee Zulu pilots survived the Battle of Dakar and both of them boarded the Garencieres after the battle. The other two Zee Zulu supported other Zeon remnant forces but were eventually destroyed by the RX-160S Byarlant Custom during the attack on the Torrington Base.
- The Dutch word for "sea" is "zee" which reflects the Zee Zulu's amphibious nature.