Technology & Combat Characteristics
This version of the Geara Zulu, the Sleeves' main mobile suit, is used by Full Frontal's elite guards who report directly to him. While the standard Geara Zulu is a simplified version of the initial design, the Guards Type specification is the closest to the initial draft of the Geara Zulu.
Its thrust is dramatically enhanced through a special Geara Doga backpack so that it can operate alongside the Sinanju, and its shoulders are equipped with large spike armor that gives it a more aggressive silhouette. The chest and wrist markings, from which the Sleeves get their nickname, are more elaborate than those of an ordinary machine to show that it belongs to the royal guards.
- Beam Machine Gun
- The beam machine gun's design is (aesthetically) similar to that of the WWII German Sturmgewehr-44, it can shoot yellow beams and can be fired fully-automatic. The gun is powered by a replaceable energy pac, if the energy pac runs out of energy it can be replaced with a fresh one stored on the front skirt armor. It can attached with an optional grenade launcher.
- Grenade Launcher
- A grenade launcher is attached below the barrel of beam machine gun. These grenades are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- One of the most common weapons used by Zeon/Neo Zeon's Mobile Suit. It is weaker than the bazooka but trades off firepower for cost. This weapon was designed before the beginning of the One Year War as an anti-ship weapon, and can be used both in space and under gravity. Because it is a non-guided weapon, it is difficult to hit targets with high mobility.
- Hand Grenade
- This weapon is used by both the Earth Federation and Zeon. It is not very powerful or accurate. However, it is capable of performing different roles in the battle.
- Beam Tomahawk
- The only close combat weapon of the Geara Zulu (Guards Type) is a single beam tomahawk, which, when not in use is mounted on the rear skirt of the suit. The head of the beam tomahawk has two beam emitters, one on the side that emits the axe-blade, and the second on top that emits a beam spike that can be used for stabbing attacks.
- The Geara Zulu (Guards Type) can be equipped with two styles of shields. The first is a shoulder shield, similar to the model used on the MS-06 Zaku II, mounted on the right shoulder. The second is the shield used by the AMS-119 Geara Doga. Both shields can also mount four Sturm Fausts.
- Lange Bruno Gun Plus
- A modified version of the Lange Bruno Gun, a long-range support weaponry found on AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Weapons Type that shoots solid rounds. The Lange Bruno Gun Plus is specialized for space-use, and functions as a long-range beam launcher. It has an extremely high focusing rate, and fires a highly penetrative beam at a very fast speed. It is used one of the weapons designed for use with the optional heavy armament backpack.
- Twin 280mm Zaku Bazooka
- A weapon where two 280mm Bazookas have been combined into a single weapon, allowing for higher offensive power. The twin bazookas fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships.
- Jegan Shield
- A basic arm-mounted defense armament obtained from the Nahel Argama. It is originally used by a RGM-89D Jegan D Type.
- 2-tube Small Missile Launcher
- The Jegan's shield also possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with two 2-tube small missile launchers. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Heavy Armament Backpack
- A large backpack designed as an optional equipment for the standard Geara Zulu, and produced in limited number, but the Geara Zulu (Guards Type) receive priority in equipping it. This backpack not only improves the suit's thrust, but also has additional generator to ensure stable power supply to the suit's weapon, a stabilizer, and two large propellant tanks for increased operational time. The stabilizer and propellant tanks can be removed when not required. One of the weapons designed for use with this backpack is the Lange Bruno Gun Plus.
- Geara Zulu (Guards Type) Garencieres Use
- Geara Zulu Shunsuke Sudou Custom
- A customized Geara Zulu Gunpla built and operated by Shunsuke Sudou. It features a navy blue color scheme and retains all of the Geara Zulu's standard armaments.
Notes & Trivia
- ↑ "Mobile Suit Gundam UC Prismatic Mobiles 1" page 71.