|Developed from||MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0096 U.C.|
|Known Pilots||Rakan Dahkaran|
|Overall Height||23.4 meters76.772 ft |
|Head Height||22 meters72.178 ft |
|Max Weight||66.8 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||38.7 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2380 kW3,191.632 hp|
|Sensor Range||13100 meters42,979.003 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Max Acceleration||1.61 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||2 x 21400 kg47,178.911 lb |
The AMX-009 Dreissen is a mass produced general purpose mobile suit and a distant descendant of Zeon's MS-09 Dom. It first appeared in the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, and later appeared in the OVA series Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn. It is piloted by Rakan Dahkaran.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
Like it's ancestor, the MS-09B Dom, the Dreissen was designed with high speed ground combat in mind. Although larger than the Dom the new alloys used in its construction make the Dreissen much lighter thus more agile. One significant difference however is that the Dreissen was designed with melee combat in mind, although with the three barrel handguns mounted in its arms it proved to be a versatile suit.
Although intended for ground combat, the Dreissen was used both on Earth and in space.
The Sleeves would modify their Dreissen mobile suit by creating armament holsters that can be mounted on a tri-blade rack in place of the tri-blade. These holsters are used to carry weapons such as heat sabers or a new giant bazooka.
- 3-Barrel Beam Cannon
- Mounted in each of the Dreissan's arms is a three barreled handgun. They can fire either beams of power 2.8MW, or bullets depending on the combat situation. The covers of the weapon slide up when in use.
- Each Dreissen carries three tri-blade weapons. These weapons are essentially triple bladed mobile suit sized boomerangs. Stored on backpack racks.
- Beam Lancer
- The Beam Lancer is a staff weapon that can emit two types of beam blades. One end emits a beam scythe while the other end emits a beam saber. Has a power rating of 1.7 MW.
- Beam Tomahawk
- The beam tomahawk is a beam weapon that forms the blade into the shape of an axe. Hand-carried in use, it has a power rating of 0.92 MW.
- Heat Saber
- The heat saber is not a weapon originally used by the AMX-009 Dreissen. By the year of the Dreissen's introduction the heat saber was an archaic and out of date weapon when compared to beam sabers that were the standard for mobile suit combat. Still, when put into service by the resource strapped Sleeves, the Dreissen became an experiment in reverse compatibility, being equipped with several weapons from its ancestor, the MS-09R Rick Dom, among which is the heat saber.
- Giant Bazooka
- Like its ancestor, the MS-09R Rick Dom, the Dreissen can also utilize a Giant Bazooka for improved ranged combat capabilities. The Giant Bazooka would mainly be used for anti-MS combat, but it could also potentially damage a warship with a lucky hit.
When Neo Zeon forces launched its war again the Earth it rolled out a number of new mobile suits designed for ground combat one of which is the AMX-009 Dreissen. Although initially produced in small numbers for combat on Earth, the Dreissen's excellent performance and adaptability proved it to be a popular and versatile mobile suit, and it was soon mass-produced for both ground and space combat for the rest of the war.
The first model Dreissen is first seen aboard the Sadalahn-class battleship and first piloted by Rakan Dahkaran, commander of the Mindra. During the AEUG's first attempt at disrupting Neo-Zeon's invasion of Earth Rakan Dahkaran took his Dreissen and would pilot in battle against Judau Ashta's MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam, proving how formidable the Dreissen is in close combat. However Judau's growing skill and the ZZ Gundam's power eventually overwhelmed the Dreissen. Though the Dreissen was destroyed, Rakan Dahkaran managed to escape death.
Shortly after, the Dreissen would be put into full mass production and this model of mobile suit would participate in future battle of the First Neo Zeon War. Near the end of the war a large number of these mobile suits would be taken and used by Glemy Toto's faction during the brief civil war amongst the Neo Zeon's forces. These machines would be repainted with a gray color scheme.
Almost a decade later, in UC 0096, surviving Dreissen mobile suits would be used by the newest Neo-Zeon Movement "The Sleeves". These units would be repainted into a new color scheme and given with the distinctive markings featured on many of the mobile suits used by The Sleeves. Some of these units were seen deployed by The Sleeves during the Federation's attack on Palau. One Dreissen used by veteran pilot Samuel engaged in combat with the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam. However, it is ultimately destroyed by the Unicorn's beam gatling gun.
Notes and TriviaEdit
- In every Super Robot Wars games released, the Dreissen can sometimes be seen piloted by the Black Tri-Stars. This, however, is not canon.