Technology and Comabat Characteristics
The AMX-101 Galluss-J was designed by Neo Zeon to serve as an urban combat mobile suit. In that capacity, it would serve as a "mopping up" unit after an area had been bombarded, likely from an AMX-102 Zssa. Apart from several missile launchers, the Galluss-J does not possess any powerful long-range weapons, instead specializing in close combat battle. For this purpose, the scientists of Axis seemed to have drawn inspiration from the MS-07 Gouf mobile suit series that appeared during the One Year War, and was noted for its excellent urban combat abilities. Like the Gouf, the Galluss-J was equipped with a set of light machine guns in the fingers of its left hand, weapons that were useless at long range but effective in close range. For additional power in hand-to-hand combat, the arms of the Galluss-J were designed to retract and, like a spring, gather potential energy before being released which added power to its punch attacks.
- 2-tube Missile Pod
- Stored in the torso near the mobile suits left shoulder, this particular weapon is likely intended as a last resort in mid-ranged combat.
- Finger Launcher Machine Guns
- Mounted in the mobile suit's fingers are a series of small caliber machine guns. These weapons are intended for use in either close-range or for attacking small targets, including personnel and missiles.
- BR-87A Beam Rifle
- The same beam rifle used by the Hizack and Marasai, it is powered by a rechargeable energy cap and capable of firing concentrated shots of mega particles that can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist beam attacks.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Galluss-J carries a single beam saber for melee combat.
- Energy Gun
- Hand carried in use, this weapon serves as the Galluss-J's primary means of ranged combat. It has a 4-tube missile pod on its left side and has a power rating of 3.8 MW.
- 4-tube Missile Pod
- Attached to the energy gun is a 4-tube missile pod intended to broaden the mobile suit's ranged combat ability.
One of the earliest Galluss-J units to be built was employed by Neo Zeon officer Mashymre Cello, who would use this mobile suit to attempt to ferret out the refugee AEUG battleship Argama from its hiding place inside Side 1's Shangri-La colony. That original prototype model was defeated by Judau Ashta in the MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam. The Galluss-J would see a limited production run throughout the Neo Zeon War and would commonly be used as a defense to guard Axis. During the latter days of the war, a number of these mobile suits were a part of Glemy Toto's separatist forces.
Notes & Trivia