The AMX-107R Rebawoo is a prototype Newtype-use transformable Psycoframe mobile suit featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam UC: One of Seventy Two short animation feature at Gundam Front Tokyo's "DOME-G" on August 3, 2013.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The AMX-107R Rebawoo is a AMX-107 Bawoo that has been modified and renovated by the Neo Zeon remnants "The Sleeves." By adopting Psycoframe in the nose portion of the lower torso (Rebawoo Nutter) and around the cockpit (Rebawoo Attacker), coordination during the Rebawoo's separation is now performed more smoothly. Moreover, the Psycoframe allows Newtype pilots to control the Rebawoo more easily.
- Beam Saber
- Beam Vulcan
- 4-tube Grenade Launcher
- Machine Cannon
- Flexible Beam Gun
- Attached to the side of of each leg is a flexible beam gun that position themselves for the Rebawoo Nutter to use.
- AMM-06H Heavy Missile
- Beam Rifle
- The Rebawoo uses a beam rifle very similar to the one used by the MSN-06S Sinanju.
- Though similar in shape to the original Bawoo's shield and while it can also be stored underneath the backpack of the Rebawoo Attacker, the Rebawoo's shield lacks the mega particle cannons of the original and instead stores the Rebawoo's beam axes similarly to the Sinanju's own shield.
- Beam Axe
- The Rebawoo uses two beam axes used by the Sinanju, and can store them similarly in it's shield just like the Sinanju as well. The beam axes can form a naginata to take down multiple enemies. Additionally, the axes can also be used while attached to the front of the shield. When activated, the beam blade expands beyond the shield's cover area, taking on an appearance resembling that of a beam shield.
Special Equipment & Features
- Optional Backpack
- External Propellant Tanks
- The Rebawoo can be equipped with a pair of external propellant tanks to extend its operating time.
- Transformation/Docking Systems
- Rebawoo Attacker
- The torso with the cockpit fighter is dubbed the "Rebawoo Attacker". The unit achieves this configuration by tilting the head component forward, moving the arms to the bottom of the fuselage and extending the flexible wings and the wing backpack binders. It is armed with a beam rifle, beam vulcans, missiles and grenade launchers, boasting high offensive power. Also, with the optional shield attached to the underside of the fuselage, it could improve the aerodynamics of the aircraft.
- Rebawoo Nutter
- The remote-controlled lower torso is called the "Rebawoo Nutter". Unlike the original Bawoo Nutter the Rebawoo Nutter is primarily controlled through use of the psychoframe-equipped cockpit. With its legs rotated to 90 degrees, the legs could be used as lumbar wings. Also unlike the original, the Rebawoo Nutter carried more offensive capabilities, with its machine cannons, flexible beam guns and missiles.
- The Rebawoo features Psycoframe technology to perfect the separation mechanic of the original AMX-107 Bawoo. The Psycoframe increases the coordination of the Rebawoo's lower torso (Rebawoo Nutter) and cockpit (Rebawoo Attacker) during separation, and allows Newtype pilots to control the Rebawoo more easily.
The AMX-107R Rebawoo was a modified AMX-107 Bawoo that featured Psycoframe technology, and unique "Sleeves" engravings which were applied to the unit's wrists and chest. The unit was originally intended to be piloted by Full Frontal, the leader of the Neo Zeon remnants "The Sleeves." However, after the Sleeves's acquisition of the MSN-06S Sinanju Stein, the modified Sinanju Stein (commonly known as the MSN-06S Sinanju) became Full Frontal's personal machine. Due to this, Full Frontal himself never piloted the Rebawoo. Instead, the Rebawoo was used by other Sleeves pilots and had seen battle several times.
One such battle occurred when the Rebawoo encountered the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex while undergoing performances tests in a debris-filled shoal zone in December 3, U.C. 0095.