|Developed from||RMS-117 Galbaldy β|
|First Seen||0088 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0089 U.C.|
|Known Pilots||Lance Gylen|
|Overall Height||22.7 meters74.475 ft |
|Head Height||19.0 meters62.336 ft |
|Max Weight||70.8 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||40.5 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2130 kW2,856.377 hp|
|Sensor Range||10300 meters33,792.651 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit)|
|Armor||Gundarium Alloy Composite|
|Max Acceleration||1.08 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||16200 kg35,714.876 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded of the mass production RMS-117 Galbaldy β, utilizing for close-quarter combat. The Gazu-L was highly distinguished by its eye-catching red-on-white paint scheme and the large, flared armor on its left shoulder. With a more powerful reactor and a vast number of melee armaments, the Gazu-L really is a troublesome enemy at close range. Designed to operate in tandem with its twin, Nee Gylen's AMX-117R Gazu-R, the Gazu-L would typically escort either Haman Karn's AMX-004 Qubeley or Royal Guard leader Chara Soon's AMX-015 Geymalk on its left flank.
- Beam cannon/Large beam saber
- Two Beam cannon/Large beam saber is mounted on the Gazu-L. The hilts of these beam sabers are larger than the size of other beam sabers in use during the First Neo Zeon War, and are capable of emitting a much longer and more powerful saber that can easily cut through several mobile suits in a single swing. It also can be used as a Beam Cannon, capable of destroy most MS in one shot, or deal significant damage to a battleship.
- Beam saber
- The beam saber is the standard close-combat melee weapon of mobile suits developed in the years after the One Year War. Beam sabers are powerful weapons that emit a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor. The only way to fully defend against a beam saber is to block it with another beam saber or a beam shield. Because of the I-field a beam saber can be used to block an attack from a beam rifle, but this is a technique that requires considerable skill, and can only block an attack of so much power. The Gazu-L is equipped with two beam sabers stored in shoulder racks when not in use.
- Heat lance
- As their name implies the heat lance rely on the technology, first developed by the Principality of Zeon, of using thermal energy to heat up a metal blade to super-high temperatures. The high heat allows the lance to begin melting the enemies armor on contact, which when combined with the force applied to the attack, can inflict significant damage. Because the heat lance do not have the range or the power of the beam saber the pilot is required to be more precise in their use, relying more on skill than technology.
- Beam rifle
- The main long-range armament of the Gazu-L. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. While not as powerful as the Beam Cannon, Gazu-L's Beam Rifle has a greater firing rate. Like most beam weapons of the period, it is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be replaced by a new one.
Neo Zeon's elite Royal Guard squadron, charged with the protection of their leader Haman Karn, operated a handful of customized mobile suits during the Axis War. One of these units, Royal Guardsman Lance Gylen's AMX-117L Gazu-L, was modeled after the Earth Federation Forces' mass-produced RMS-117 Galbaldy β. Lance used this machine with a great efficiency, but it would be also destroyed by Rakan Dahkaran after a failed suicidal attack by Lance, who took a shot from Rakan Dahkaran, that was meant for Chara Soon beforehand.