Technology & Combat Characteristics
The ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) is a mobile suit created by Anaheim Electronics, it is a variant of the ARX-014 Silver Bullet which is based on the captured Neo Zeon's AMX-014 Döven Wolf units. It was used mainly for testing the quasi-psycommu system, and also serve as a testbed for Earth Federation's funnel weapons. The suit is almost identical to the standard Silver Bullet, except for a different color scheme and some changes to the backpack, which now mounts a new large wire-guided funnel with a built-in generator instead of the INCOMs and missile launchers. The ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) contributed greatly to the development of subsequent psycommu system equipped MS.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Unlike the Döven Wolf's, Silver Bullet's pair of head-mounted Vulcan Guns are 60mm in caliber instead of 30mm. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little penetration power. They are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters. They are also often employed as a deterrent against enemy mobile suits that are trying to get into close-range combat.
- Beam Rifle
- The same model used by the RGM-89D Jegan D Type, the particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. This model is a rapid fire, short range type. Sensors built into the rifle provide interface between the weapon and the MS' camera sensor.
- Beam Saber
- Beam Sabers are the standard close-range melee combat weapons employed by the majority of mobile suits ever developed. An E-cap charged weapon that emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The I-field effectively contains the plasma and its heat, and can be used to block beams, but can be breached by physical objects allowing said object to be "cut" by the plasma. Because of the brilliant ingenuity and high efficiency beam sabers are incredibly effective in their role. There is no known metal alloy that can block a beam saber unless treated by an anti-beam coating which will eventually be burned away by the beam saber. The only effective counter measures is to dodge or block with another beam saber. The Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) has two beam sabers stored in the recharge racks within the hip armor.
- Shield/Beam Launcher
- A multipurpose defensive equipment that is a combination of the Jegan's shield with Döven Wolf's Mega Launcher. The barrel of the beam launcher has been shortened, but it can still extend when in use to allow for certain degree of sniping capability. The shield also retains the pair of 2-tube missile launchers like the normal Jegan's shield.
- Wired Hand
- Like its Döven Wolf predecessor, the Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) has specially designed quasi-psycommu controlled wire-guided forearms that can be launched and maneuvered via built in verniers. These remote arms can be employed to grab and hold enemy mobile suits, as a mid-range melee weapon, and possess an electrical shock ability that allow electricity to flow through the cable and arm into a connected enemy machine. This electrical attack is severely painful to the pilot of the captured mobile suit but is not immediately lethal. Each arm also has a built-in beam gun inside in its palm.
- Wired Large Funnel
- A large wire-guided remote weapon that is mounted on the backpack. It is armed with a beam gun and is powered by its own built-in generator.
- Beam Cannon
- A pair of beam cannons are mounted in the backpack booster binders. Each cannon has a power rating of 4.2 MW.
- AMS-09R Anti-ship Missile
- A pair of AMS-09R Anti-ship missiles can be optionally mounted externally on the backpack. They are larger than the missiles in the missile launcher.
Special Equipment & Features
- Quasi-Psycommu System
- The Quasi-psycommu system was developed to extend the capabilities of remote control to non-Newtypes. This system can actively scan the pilot's brainwaves, no matter how weak they are, and then let the computer translate the thoughts into commands to be issued to remote weapons. Using the quasi-psycommu even non-Newtypes can control simple wire-guided remote weapons, such as INCOMs. INCOMs, unlike funnels or bits, still have to be tethered to their control unit by wires because the electrical signals to the INCOM would otherwise be disrupted by Minovsky Particles.
In U.C. 0089, after the First Neo Zeon War, the asteroid base Axis, which had been the stronghold of the Neo Zeon forces, was placed under the control of the Earth Federation government. At this point, several AMX-014 Döven Wolf units which remained there as reserve fighting strength were captured. The units were transferred to Anaheim Electronics' Granada factory and modified into the ARX-014 Silver Bullet, which were used for technical research into the quasi-psycommu system. The data obtained from the ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) would help contribute in the development of the RX-93 ν Gundam.
Notes and Trivia
- ARX-014P Silver Bullet [Funnel Test] on MAHQ.net
- ARX-014P Silver Bullet (Funnel Test Type) on Gundams Over Germany