The ASW-G-71 Gundam Dantalion is a mobile suit that appears in the arcade game Gundam Try Age and Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Gekko, a side story of Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS.
Design & Development
Gundam Dantalion is one of the 72 "Gundam" frames produced and used in the Calamity War, roughly 300 years ago. It lacks any special equipment such as verniers and sub-arms, and thus stands out from the other Gundam frame machines with its simple configuration. However, optional equipment such as the "T Booster" that can transform into large arms can be mounted, and Dantalion's simple body structure can be viewed as being in preparation for equipping these add-ons.
- A composite weapon, it contains a rifle and a foldable blade. It is normally used as a shooting weapon, but can function as a large sword after deploying the blade. The rifle can still be used after the blade is deployed. The weapon can fly back to the Dantalion's hand even when its blade is pierced deeply into the enemy machine.
- A long forked spear that is used in combination with the T Booster. It can be handheld or mounted directly onto the arm.
- Long Range Cannon
- A large sniper cannon used in combination with the B Booster.
- Mounted on the left arm, it is a shield with scissors-like tips and can function as an offensive weapon.
- T Booster / Half Cowl T
- Optional equipment that can be mounted onto Dantalion's back. The 'T' in its name stands for 'Top'. Depending on the situation, this large booster can transform into a pair of large arms known as "Half Cowl T".
- B Booster / Half Cowl B
- Optional equipment that can be mounted onto the Dantalion's waist. The 'B' in its name stands for 'Bottom'. Like the T Booster, the B Booster is transformable, but this alternate form strengthens the suit's lower body instead of the upper body.
- Perfect Cowl
- The ultimate form of the Dantalion, both the Half Cowls are utilized and the Aegis is worn as the front armor. The Long Range Cannon is equipped on the right arm and the Bident on the left.
Notes & Trivia
- Dantalion is the 71st of the 72 demons in the Ars Goetia. He is a powerful Great Duke of Hell, with thirty-six legions of demons under his command. He is depicted as a man with many appearances, all of which are those of men and women. There are also many depictions in which he is said to hold a book in one of his hands.
- A dark blue and red colored version of the Dantalion is featured in the manga as supposed to the white and blue one from the Gundam Try Age game.
|Gundam Try Age Original Mechanics|
| Mobile Suit|
ASW-G-71 Gundam Dantalion | Gundam F91RR | Gundam Try Zeta | NZ-000SP Queen Mansa Septet | RX-0 Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Plan B | 煌黒機動 Gundam Dryon Drei
| Mobile Armour|
KRX-001 Full Burst Psyco Gundam | NZ-333 ϝ Azieru
| Mobile Fighter|
GF13-017∞ Gundam God Master