Battle Weapon is the thirteenth episode of Gundam Build Fighters .
The World Tournament enters its third period, which consists of one-on-one battles using only the original weapons prepared by the tournament organizers. Nobody will know what the weapons are until the battle begins. Although confused by the unfamiliar weapons, the top fighters win their battles, one after another. Sei and Reiji's opponent is the Thai representative Luang Dallara, a top champion of the tournament.
Featured Mobile Weapons
- GAT-X105B/ST Star Build Strike Gundam
- GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh
- NMX-004 Qubeley Papillon
- PPMS-1M Kämpfer Amazing
- XXXG-01Wf Wing Gundam Fenice
- 侍ノ弐 Sengoku Astray Gundam
- The machine used to draw lots for the Original Weapon battle resembles a Bandai gashapon machine.
- Most of the weapons featured in this episode are from the High Grade Build Custom kits Matsuri Weapons and Hyper Gunpla Battle Weapons.
- The number 44 plays two roles here:
- Bad luck. 44 can be read as two fours. Four is a very unlucky number in Japanese culture, as one pronunciation is shi, also a word for death. Of course, this is also the thirteenth episode - 13 being an unlucky number in the west. Whose digits sum to 4.
- 44 also serves as a reference to the 44 Sonic, the signature pitch of Magnum Ace, the hero of the Sunrise-produced series Iron Leaguer.
- Another Sunrise series, Armored Trooper Votoms, is referenced by the paint scheme and movement style of the Zaku Flipper featured in this episode, painted to resemble an Armored Trooper called a Standing Tortoise, and modified to "skate" along the ground in a way similar to the mechs of that series.
- Mr. Ral compares Luang Dallara to Char Aznable, Johnny Ridden, and Anavel Gato: three of the Principality of Zeon's ace mobile suit pilots.
- The baseball used by the Star Build Strike Gundam resembles an RB-79 Ball.
- It's interesting to note that while the rules of the Original Weapon Battle stated that the order of the matches will be according to the number drawn by the participants, Nils Nilsen (who drew number 47) had his match before Ricardo Fellini (who drew number 23) and also before the match of Luang Dallara (number 43) and Iori Sei / Reiji (number 44).
|Gundam Build Fighters Episodes|
Sei and Reiji | The Crimson Comet | Full Package | Gunpla Idol Kirara ⭐️ | The Strongest Builder | A Reason to Battle | World-level Ability | Encounters of Fighters | Wings of Imagination | The World Tournament Begins | Battle Royal | Discharge | Battle Weapon | Codename: C | Fighter's Radiance | Dad, We Meet Again | Model of the Heart | Bloodhounds | Astray's Blade | Aila's Betrayal | Amid the Glittering Particles | Meijin vs. Meijin | Gunpla Eve | Dark Matter | Promise