CAT1-XG Hyperion G
|Developed from||CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1|
|First Seen||73 C.E.|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Energy Battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in torso|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The armament of the Hyperion G is largly similar to the one on the original CAT1-X Hyperion series, although the number of weapons has been reduced. It features two multi-barrel CIWS guns in its head, two "Romteknica" RBW Type 7001 beam knifes (instead of the original five), a "Zastava Stigmate" RFW-99 beam submachinegun with a "Romteknica" RBW Type 7001 beam bayonette mounted on it, a single "Forfanterie" beam cannon and lastly a GAU-8M2 backpack-mounted 52mm machinegun. Like the original unit, the Hyperion G also mounts the Armure Lumiere" mono-phase lightwave shield system, although it mounts only one shield emitter.
- Like most other mobile suits, the Hyperion series features two head mounted multi-barrel CIWS guns to shoot down incoming missiles or enemies at close range.
- Beam Knifes
- For close combat, the Hyperion features two RBW Type 7001 "Romteknica" beam knives. These knives were powered by their own independent batteries and thus drew no power from the suits' batteries. This also made the beam knives usable as throwing weapons.
- Beam cannon
- The strongest weapon of the Hyperion G is its "Forfanterie" beam cannon, which is mounted on the backpack of the suit. This cannons is folded over the shoulder when in use.
- Beam sub-machine gun
- For additional ranged combat, the suit is armed with a "Zastava Stigmate" beam sub-machine gun. The beam submachinegun's battery was stored in a "clip" which could be quickly and easily be replaced, and while its shots were weaker than those of standard beam rifles, its rate of fire was much greater. The machine gun also mounted one of the beam knives.
- The main feature of the Hyperion series is the "Armure Lumiere" mono-phase lightwave shield system. Unlike Hyperion, Hyperion G only has this system on the backpack which project an energy globe similar to the "Umbrella of Artemis" that protects its frontal area. Hyperion G can attack through the barrier, including throwing its beam knife. However, this barrier completely drains the suit's batteries. The shield system can also be used to form a massive beam spike, which is even able to stab through another lightwave barrier.
During the first Bloody Valentine War, the Eurasian Federation built three unique mobile suits, which were known as the Hyperion series. Eventually, a limited-production variant of this suit was developed, with at least two known units built. This suit was called the Hyperion G, which features similar armament as the original unit, although it's head design differs slightly, and it is equipped with a standard Dagger-type shield.
The Hyperion G is eventually fielded in the Republic of East Asia. The CAT1-XG1/12 Hyperion G Unit 1 is piloted by Three Socius, while Serpent Tail mercenary Gai Murakumo is given the CAT1-XG2/12 Hyperion G Unit 2. Gai's Hyperion G is severely damaged in combat and Gai abandons it in favor of his powerful new MBF-P03third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third. Though only those two units have been shown, it is likely that a total of twelve units were produced - as evidenced by the "12" at the end of the Hyperion G's designation codes.
Notes & Trivia
- The submachinegun "Zavasta Stigmate" quite possibly derives its name from the Serbian corporation Zavasta, which manufactures weapons among other things.