CB-001.5D2 1.5 Gundam Type Dark
|Developed from||CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam|
|Head Height||23.3 meters76.444 ft |
|Standard Weight||71.8 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
CB-001.5D2 1.5 Gundam Type Dark (aka 1.5 Gundam Dark), is a C3 x Hobby (c/o Dengeki Hobby) special edition kit and a variant of the CB-001 1 Gundam. It first appears in Mobile Suit Gundam 00P special edition.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The CB-001.5D2 1.5 Gundam Type Dark units were a limited mass production model. It was specifically created as a general purpose machine for the Innovator pilots. The 1.5 Gundam Type Dark had many similarities with the mobile unit GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron, being equipped with back binders that allow 1.5 Gundam to manipulate its GN Particles in various ways and increase its flight mobility. The 1.5 Gundam Type Dark was a short to mid-range combat mobile suit with armaments that include a GN Buster Rifle, GN Shield, 2 GN Beam Sabers, and GN Binders with Binder Rifles.
- GN Buster Rifle
- Similar to the weapon used by CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam/Reborns Cannon, 1.5 Gundam's GN Buster Rifle has a cord connecting it with the GN Condenser on its right elbow to greatly increase its firepower.
- GN Shield
- Standard equipment. Similar in appearance to the Astraea's shield design, though elongated. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
- GN Binders
- The main improvement over 1 Gundam. These movable binders allow 1.5 Gundam to control how its GN particles are used.
- Stand By Mode: See the image below; both binders are placed in this mode when not in use.
- High Speed Mode: Both binders fold directly backward, increasing 1.5 Gundam's speed.
- Flight Mode: Both binders fold outward to form wings and improve 1.5 Gundam's atmospheric flight efficiency.
- Attack Mode: Both binders move to the right side of the unit and glow as they amplify GN particles in the right elbow's GN condenser. This mode greatly increases the power output 1.5 Gundam's GN Buster Rifle.
- Defense Mode: Both binders move to the unit's left side and strengthen the GN field generated by 1.5 Gundam's GN Shield.
- Rifle Mode: Both binders fold forward under the arms to function as beam rifles, increasing 1.5 Gundam's offensive firepower.
- Alvaaron Cannon Mode: Both binders point forward over the shoulders and generate a GN field just before firing a powerful beam cannon. This feature, derived from GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron, consumes enough energy to deplete 1.5 Gundam's GN Drive Tau with a single shot.
- Binder Rifle
- There is a small beam rifle in each of 1.5 Gundam's binders. These weapon act like CIWS, destroy incoming missiles or small, light armored enemies like airplanes.
- The Optical Camouflage uses a holographic projection system that creates an illusionary image of its surroundings to avoid visual detection, a form of invisibility. The camouflage isn't a true invisibility cloak, rather, an advanced grid projection system to blend in its surroundings like a chameleon. The system was developed by Celestial Being and was installed into several of their Gundams, ships, resource satellites for infiltration and stealth purposes; however, the abilities of the camouflage differ between applications.
Taking from the same idea of Beside Pain, Ribbons Almark wanted to mass produce the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam and have Innovades act as Gundam Meisters to conduct armed interventions. Ribbons imagined all of his Innovator comrades had survived. While Ribbons piloted the CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam/Reborns Cannon, his Innovators comrades would pilot the CB-001.5D2 1.5 Gundam Type Dark units and each one acting as commander of the Gaga Forces. During his imagination scene Ribbons was still completing the twin drive system for the Reborns Gundam and there was no free space in the factory to initiate the mass production of the 1.5 Gundam Type Dark.