The CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam (aka 1.5 Gundam, 1.5 pronounced as Eyes) is an upgraded version of the CB-001 1 Gundam. It appears in Mobile Suit Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record, Mobile Suit Gundam 00P, and Mobile Suit Gundam 00I.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The 1.5 Gundam was specifically created as a general purpose machine for Innovade pilot, and its performance in various areas are 1.5 times that of its predecessor, the 1 Gundam. The main difference between 1 Gundam and 1.5 Gundam is the presence of back-mounted binders on the latter. These binders are capable of manipulating GN Particles in various ways to improve the suit's performance, and are armed with a pair of Binder Rifles. The binders can also function as a beam cannon, similar to GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron's wings. The suit's other armaments include a GN Buster Rifle, GN Shield, and 2 GN Beam Sabers,
- GN Buster Rifle
- The same kind of weapon as used by CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam/Reborns Cannon, 1.5 Gundam's GN Buster Rifle also has a variable output and a cord connects it with the GN Condenser on its arm to greatly increase its firepower.
- GN Shield
- A shield with similar appearance as Exia's shield though larger in size. The shield is made of E-Carbon and is capable of generating a GN field on its surface. It stores one of the beam sabers when it is mounted on the arm.
- Binder Rifle
- There is a beam rifle mounted in the bottom of each of the 1.5 Gundam's binders. The binders are usually positioned below the shoulders when the Binder Rifle is used.
- Alvaaron Cannon
- A weapon derived from the GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron, both binders point forward over the shoulders and a charge builds between the inner surfaces of the two binders before it is fired as a powerful beam. Due to the large amount of particles consumed, it can only be used once per sortie. It can be used with or without the GN Buster Rifle.
- The beam saber is a hilt with the ability to activate a beam blade by generating a positron field filled with GN Particles. While the beam saber has a high power rating, one disadvantage is that their performance can be decreased by surrounding atmospheric conditions or methods of beam diffusion.
- GN Buster Sword (EX A only)
- The same sword as used by the GNX-607T/AC GN-XII Sword, the GN Buster Sword is a physical blade that uses GN particles to increase its keenness. In addition to its offensive capabilities, it can deploy a GN Field to act as a defense mechanism.
Special Equipment & Features
- The Optical Camouflage uses a holographic projection system that creates an illusionary image of its surroundings to avoid visual detection, a form of invisibility. The camouflage isn't a true invisibility cloak, rather, an advanced grid projection system to blend in its surroundings like a chameleon. The system was developed by Celestial Being and was installed into several of their Gundams, ships, resource satellites for infiltration and stealth purposes; however, the abilities of the camouflage differ between applications.
- The main improvement over 1 Gundam. The pair of back-mounted movable binders allow 1.5 Gundam to control the GN particles in various manner depending on the situation.
- Stand By Mode: Both binders are placed on one side of the unit, either on the left or on the right. The advantage of this mode is that allows 1.5 Gundam to switch to either Attack Mode or Defense Mode very quickly.
- High Speed Mode: Both binders fold directly backward. By increasing the control of the particles produced by the solar furnace, high speed flight can be realized.
- Flight Mode: Both binders fold outward to form wings and improve 1.5 Gundam's atmospheric flight efficiency.
- Attack Mode: Both binders positioned next to the GN Buster Rifle, one on the top and one on the bottom. This mode uses the particle control capability of the binder to improve the power output of the rifle and allows the beam produced to curve slightly. In addition, this form also allow 1.5 Gundam to attack while protecting its right side.
- Defense Mode: Both binders move to the unit's left side and sandwiched the GN shield, improving the shield's GN field.
- Alvaaron Cannon Mode: See above on Alvaaron Cannon.
In chapter 11 of Gundam 00I, Besides upgrades the 1 Gundam into the 1.5 Gundam in a concealed factory within the orbital elevator after escaping from Fon. Then Beside piloting 1.5 Gundam destroys some GNX-609T GN-XIII units using its Alvaaron Cannon, and later, engaged in battle with Hixar Fermi piloting GN-XXX Gundam Rasiel. Using the 1.5 Gundam, Besides easily defeats Hixar and leaves. In chapter 12, Beside is concerned with how to regain the body of Leif Recitativo, and attacks the mansion of Telicyra Herfi as he thought Leif is there. However Lars Grise's power of “controlling machines” forces Besides to leave.
Some time later in space, Hixar piloting Gundam Sadalsuud Type F battles Beside Pain. Beside uses the Alvaaron Cannon to destroy Gundam Sadalsuud Type F. Hixar uses a Haro in the cockpit to set his Gundam Sadalsuud Type F on auto drive system and let 1.5 Gundam destroys it. Hixar then jumped into the accompanying GN Sefer, which slams into 1.5 Gundam. Hixar leaps out and opens the cockpit. Both he and Beside aim their guns at each other. Hixar is quicker and shoots Beside several times through his visor which kills him.
In chapter 14 of Gundam 00I, Hixar and Hayana recover the 1.5 Gundam. Leif now piloting the 1.5 Gundam heads toward the top of the orbital elevator. Then Beside takes over Leif's body once again and plans to kill the group, but he is interrupted by Fon Spaak. Fon piloting Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F' battles 1.5 Gundam. 1.5 Gundam uses its attack mode to destroy Astraea's Avalanche package. Both Fon and Beside shoot off each other's mobile suits then Astraea destroys the binders of the 1.5 Gundam. Leif awakes during the battle and manages to win back control of his body eliminating Beside from his mind. An EF MS team lead by Hiling Care then appears before Leif and Fon, and states that they are willing to let them go in exchange for the 1.5 Gundam. When Leif questions their motive behind this, Fon speculates that Ribbons wanted Beside's character data. Hiling did not deny that and promises that Beside will never appear again. Leif then agrees and hands over the suit.
In Gundam EX A, Leos Alloy use a 1.5 Gundam during his mission in the world of Anno Domini, which is mentioned as belonging to Ribbons Almark (this unit is likely the same 1.5 Gundam that Leif handed over to Hiling). In addition to 1.5 Gundam's standard armaments, Leos also use a GN buster sword taken from a GNX-607T/AC GN-XII Sword, and manages to slice the GNY-001F Gundam Astraea Type F's GN beam rifle with it.
Notes & Trivia
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 High Grade 1/144 CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam model kit manual