The CB-077 GN Cannon (aka GN Cannon) is a prototype support MS designed for Innovades. It is featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00P.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GN Cannon is an Innovade-used suit and incoporated weapon technology from GN-005 Gundam Virtue. A brother unit to the CB-001 1 Gundam, multiple GN Cannons are supposed to support a single 1 Gundam during a mission or battle and these units can be differentiated by the unit number on their chest. GN Cannon and 1 Gundam are involved in an alternate plan in which the armed intervention is carried out by Innovades instead of humans. Although this plan is later dropped, the suit's design remains in Veda and several units were later produced by Beside Pain. GN Cannon's weapons include GN Long Cannons mounted on the chest and GN Missiles in its shoulder and front skirt armors.
The suit also has large GN Particle tanks in its rear skirt armors to meet the needs of the powerful cannons. Due to its role, special emphasis is placed on its sensor unit and as a result, it used a system that is different from the twin-eye system of most Gundams. This sensor unit is similar to those later used by GNX-607T/BW GN-XII Cannon and the technology is most likely leaked by the Innovators. When developing the CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam, Ribbons Almark wanted it to be completely self-reliant in battle and thus he combined the GN Cannon and 1 Gundam into one design.
- GN Long Cannon
- A total of 4 cannons are mounted on the chest, a pair on each side. They can be used individually or as a combined pair for higher output.
- GN Missile
- Stored in the shoulder and front skirt armor; to fire the missiles, the side of the shoulder armor will flip open while the front skirt armor will flip upwards. GN Missiles contain an electronics package to handle targeting and telemetry, a propulsion system, and a GN Condenser.
In Gundam 00P, two GN Cannons support Beside Pain's CB-001 1 Gundam as it battles with Gundam Meister 874's GNY-0042-874 Gundam Artemie. They use their particle beams to attack the Artemie, but Gundam Meister 874 uses the Trial Field to freeze it. However, the field's effect was cancelled, as Tieria Erde was also using the Trial system at that time, testing GN-004 Gundam Nadleeh. As Tieria had higher access to Veda than Meister 874, his system access request was given higher priority. Meister 874 then tried to attack using its 4 bits while charging towards the enemy. However, the CBY-001 1 Gundam then entered the battle, maneuvering to intercept her after releasing its optical camouflage. In a three-on-one battle, both GN Cannons and 1 Gundam were damaging Gundam Artemie bit by bit. Sefer Rasiel, piloted by Grave Violento, forced its way into the fray. Grave then challenged the 1 Gundam and defeated it, ending the battle.
Notes & Trivia
- The GN Cannon's model number is intended as a homage to the RX-77 Guncannon from the original Mobile Suit Gundam series.
- As the name of the GN Archer is pronounced 'Gun Archer', some fans have speculated that GN Cannon's name should be pronounced as "Gun Cannon". However, this is not supported by any official sources.
Articles & References
- ↑ Gundam 00V Gundam Weapons book