|Japanese Voice||Hiroshi Kamiya|
|English Voice||Doug Erholz|
|Genetic Type||Advanced Robot|
|Affiliation(s)||Super Dimensional Gaurd|
|Family||Shute, Mark, Keiko, Nana (No blood relation).|
|Allegiance||Super Dimensional Guard|
The first unit produced by the Super Dimensional Guard's top secret Gundam Force program, Captain Gundam is the main defender of Neotopia. Initially secretive and rigid, Captain loosens up and becomes more human via his interactions with Shute.
Original Captain Gundam
When cheered on by Shute, Captain can use the Soul Drive to unleash his lethal Captain Punch fist attack. While Captain's standard form keeps weapons to a minimum (vulcans, missile launchers, beam saber and an optional light beam rifle and light shield), he is designed to be adaptable for various missions.
- Mobile Citizen Captain: When Captain wishes to journey into the world beyond the SDG headquarters Blanc Base, he adopts this simple disguise. Captain's armor and weapons are replaced with more friendlier components, his V-fin flips upside down to serve as eyebrows and his mouth guards open to reveal a human-like mouth.
- Heavy Weapon Captain Gundam:A prototype upgrade designed after the SDG became aware of Commander Sazabi, the Heavy Weapon System adds extra fire power in the form of shoulder and backmounted missile pods, a hand held machine gun and a much larger shield. As well as serving as a weapon system for the most dangerous of missions, the extra components enable Captain to transform into the tank-like GunVehicle mode for extra speed.
- Option V:In preparation for the Gundam Force's mission to liberate Lacroa and Ark, Captain receives new equipment in the form of his Option V backpack. As well as more powerful boosters, the Option V comes with the V Rod, a double sided beam lance. It is stored on the backpack as two equal halves which can double as beam cannons.
Hyper Captain Gundam
After his first battle with the Dark Axis Professor Gerbera, Captain is once again highly damaged and returned to Neotopia for repair. Rather than just repairing him, the SDG elect to give him a whole new body and GP01 Hyper Captain Gundam is born. With the Gundam Force's mission now known to the public of Neotopia, Hyper Captain Gundam's body has no need for the Mobile Citizen disguise capability. It also uses a more bold design scheme. Captain retained this form until the end of the series. As with his previous body, Hyper Captain has various forms.
- Option F: The most common form of Hyper Captain. This form incorporates the dual combining beam sabers he used on his adventures across the Minov Sea and in Lacroa as well as optional back-mounted flight pack. He can also unleash an attack from his V-Fin as well as continuing to use the Captain Punch.
- Option Z: When the final battle against the Dark Axis begins, Hyper Captain resorts to using his GP03 Option Z weapons pack. A back-mounted unit with various thrusters, gatlings and beam cannons, it is the most powerful known form of Hyper Captain.
- Accelerator Form: This is a high-speed form that has hover boosters equipped on the legs and a long range laser cannon for use in hit and run tactics.
- Assault Form: This assault form, equipped with a shotgun, is used for special task force missions and specializes in efficient tactical movement. The buckshot at close range is devastating!
- Destroyer Form: This slow, heavily equipped form is packed with micro-missiles. While it is vulnerable to attack when firing, its guided missile pack a wallop!
- Gunner Form: Lightly armored and agile, this is both an offensive and defensive form that is capable of rapid beam shot. It also carries a mega-beam blast that pierces enemies with one shot.
- Saber Form: This form use an extremely large single-edge beam sword to cut enemies. The Saber Form is good for those who prefer close combat.
- Arm Buster Form: The secret form.
- Captain Gundam is based on the RX-78GP01 Gundam "Zephyranthes" from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
- Captain Gundam is also based on CAPG-78 Captain Gundam, though the title character of SD Command Chronicles was SDV-04 Command Gundam, he eventually put the original Captain Gundam in charge, meaning that he was around the same rank as Chief Haro is in SDGF.
- Hyper Captain Gundam Option F and Hyper Captain Gundam Option Z resemble the RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern and RX-78GP03D Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis", respectively, from Gundam 0083.
- His mouth opens like the F91 Gundam F91 from Mobile Suit Gundam F91.
- Captain Gundam's Japanese seiyuu, Hiroshi Kamiya, has voiced numerous Gundam series characters including Shams Couza of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER, Koji Matsumoto of Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G, Tieria Erde of Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Zeheart Galette of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.
|Superior Defender Gundam Force Characters|
| Super Dimensional Guard |
Captain Gundam · Shute · Chief Haro · Juli · Kao Lyn · Bell Wood · Gunbike · GunDiver/GunChopper · GunEagle · RAIMI
| Dark Axis |
Zapper Zaku · Grappler Gouf · Destroyer Dom · Zako Soldiers · BaguBagu · Four Doga Commandos · Doga Bombers · Zakorello Gate · Commander Sazabi · Madnug · General Zeong
| Lacroa |
Zero · Princess Rele · Noa, Coa & Doa · Deathscythe · Tallgeese · Mercurius · Vayeate · Pawn Leos · Evil Warrior Epyon · Rock · Battle · Nataku · Feather Dragon · Griffin · Steel Dragon · Superior Dragon
| Ark |
Bakunetsumaru · Entengo · Genkimaru · Britainmaru · Kibaomaru · Cobramaru · Ashuramaru · Bakuhamaru · Moukinmaru · Kijuumaru · Haganemaru · Zako Busshi · Nobusshi · Daishinshou
| Civilians |
Keiko · Mark · Nana · Sayla · Margaret Gathermoon · Leonardo · Prio · Iyaka · Complete List of Characters