Design & Development
Sister machine to the Geirail, it is equipped with heavy armor and heavy equipment. With its wide variety of weapons, the Geirail Scharfrichter can adapt to various combat situations, and shows its true capabilities in a battlefield melee. However, the suit has low mobility, but this is easily overcome via the use of the back hover unit.
- 110mm Rifle
- The same semi-automatic rifle as used by the Geirail, it has a rotatable side grip that provides high stability during aiming, and a high-capacity drum magazine.
- Used by mobile suit for dismantling decrepit space colonies, this ice-axe like tool is also suitable for extreme close combat due to its short size.
- Land Mace
- Originally a large mobile suit use tool meant for construction work, it was later used by labourers as a weapon during wars for independence and similar movements. Thanks to its long handle, the land mace can be destructive when swung.
- Claw Shield
- Mounted on the shoulders, the pair of claw shields have a variety of functions. Besides serving as large shields, they also have internal space for storing equipment (such as the 110mm rifle's spare magazines and hand grenades) to meet various needs, and a pair of foldable claws. Due to the suit’s low mobility, it is easily targeted in a melee, and the foldable claws plays an important role in allowing the suit to defend itself and launch a counterattack.
- Hand Grenade
- A pair of hand grenades can be stored on the underside of the claw shield as optional weapons.
- Back Hover Unit
- Additional equipment mounted on the rear waist, it was developed to overcome the drop in mobile suit’s operability when deployed under Earth’s 1G environment, and helps to realize high mobility while on land. This large, high output equipment can be used by other machines.
During the conflict between Arbrau and the SAU, multiple Geirail Scharfrichters were piloted by Galan Mossa's mercenaries.
- Scharfrichter means "executioner" in German.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gundam.Info English Profile
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works' Book
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 'The Document of Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 2' Book
- ↑ Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 31
- ↑ 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanics & World 2' Book
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 High Grade Iron-Blooded Arms Option Set 8
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 32