Technology & Combat Characteristics
A Graze variant specializing in ground combat, it is so far only deployed on Earth. The Graze Ground Type differs from the standard Graze in having different thigh armor equipped with large hover units on the sides, and new feet with supplementary hover units in the sole. Both changes are made in consideration of combat under gravity; the thighs' hover units are designed with Earth's atmospheric pressure and 1G environment in mind, and grants the suit high mobility, while the feet's supplementary hover units help with stable posture/attitude control and fine adjustment of the suit's thrust. The Graze Ground Type uses the same weapons as the standard Graze, but swaps the battle axe for a sword-like battle blade.
- GR-W01 120mm Rifle
- The same shooting armament as used by the standard Graze. High accuracy, high utility value as the main or support weapon.
- Short Rifle
- When required, the 120mm Rifle can be configured into a short rifle by removing the sensor equipped standard barrel. The short rifle has lower range and accuracy, but it is ideal for close combat-use in conjunction with the Battle Axe.
- Battle Blade
- A sword-type melee weapon that is developed for ground combat, it is easy to wield due to its lightweight. As the Graze’s attitude/posture control system is already under high stress when the suit is deployed under gravity, the battle blade is designed to display sufficient destructive power while placing as little burden as possible on the system. It is stored on the Graze Ground Type's back when not in use.
- The same shield as the one used by the standard Graze. It is heat-resistant and has Nano Laminated Armor, making it extremely sturdy.
Special Equipment & Features
- Head Sphere Sensor
- A spherical sensor is mounted inside the head, it is revealed during optical long-distance viewing and precise measurement.
- GR-E03 Ground Use Booster Unit
- An optional equipment to boost the Graze's mobility under gravity. The unit is mounted on the back of the suit's waist, and comes with two large booster pods that protrude on either side of the waist. Each booster pod has its own retractable grip and by using these grips, control of the suit's posture becomes easy and it is possible carry out acrobatic flying. The unit also allows the suit to travel across long distance, such as a large body of water, that it otherwise could not.
The ground variant of the Graze, it is first seen on screen during Gjallarhorn's attack on Millennium Island to capture both Kudelia and Makanai, and to stop Tekkadan. Despite receiving assistance from the Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet, all of the Graze Ground Types failed to prevent Kudelia, Makanai, and Tekkadan from escaping.
During the battle of Edmonton, the Graze Ground Types were tasked to stop Tekkadan from entering the city. Several of these units were easily destroyed by Tekkadan's Mobile Suit team before EB-AX2 Graze Ein appeared and turn the tides of the battle. Remaining Graze Ground Types were later eliminated by ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake, though it was heavily exhausted from the battle.
Notes & Trivia
- The mobile suit's model number EB-06j may be a homage to the MS-06J Zaku II Ground Type, as both are mass produced MS configured for ground use.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1/100 Graze Custom model kit manual
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 High Grade Iron Blooded Orphans 1/144 Option Set 4 Box Text | Translation Link: 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 High Grade Iron Blooded Orphans 1/144 Option Set 2 Box Text | Translation Link: