Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Elegolea has mooneye rail around its body and transformation mechanic which allows it to quickly transform between a snake-like cruise mode and humanoid combat mode. When transform from cruise mode, the lower body move 90 degree and the arms extended out from under shoulders.
It is equipped with a flexible tail cannon which developed from EMA-04 Elefante's flexible nose cannon. Like Elefante's, the tail could also be used for melee attacks and has a manipulator at its end. The left shoulder of combat mode can open, resembling a mouth of cruise mode, and has set of three mega particle cannons were mounted inside. The shoulder/mouth also fitted with spikes and can be extended to strike enemy in close combat. Lastly, the Elegolea was capable of using one of the giant heat glaive carried by the Dionas.
However, the Elegolea's most distinctive feature was it's Organic Computer Control System which control the mobile armor, similar to ones later used in EMA-10 Divinidad. The system is capable of unlocking XM-X3 Crossbone Gundam X-3's Muramasa Blaster's safety protection.
- Flexible Tail Cannon
- The main weapon of the Elegolea is a beam cannon mounted on its tail stabilizer, which can swivel around like an animal's tail. The technology of the beam cannon allows it to fire a compressed mega particle beam which can penetrate any physical armor that hasn' treated with anti-beam countermeasures.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- Three mega particle cannon are mounted inside the left shoulder of the combat mode (the mouth of cruise mode), and can be used both in long- and close-range like the beam cannon. Individually, they have enough output to disable a MS with a direct hit.
- Large Heat Glaive
- The Elegolea uses the same large heat glaive model found on the Diona. It has a blade that is heated to high temperatures in order to increase its cutting capacity; and, compared to standard beam saber, the heat glaive gives the Elegolea an advantage in reach.
Special Equipment & Features
- Organic Computer Control System
- Despite having a cockpit, the real control system for the Elegolea was the Organic Computer Control System. With this system, Crux Dogatie can control the Elegolea remotely.
One of several prototype mobile armors created by the Jupiter Empire, the Elegolea was used only once by the Empire during the large battle between the Earth Federation Forces, the Jupiter Empire and the Crossbone Vanguard. In a publicity stunt, the armor was piloted by Crux Dogatie's daughter Bernadette Briett, although in truth one of Dogatie's clone pods controlled the MA. This was possible thanks to an organic computer control system, for which the Elegolea served as a test unit. The system would later be used in the limited mass-produced mobile armor EMA-10 Divinidad.
Accompanied by a squadron of Dionas, the Elegolea went into battle only to be faced by Tobia Arronax in his newly acquired XM-X3 Crossbone Gundam X-3. Despite not being used to his new machine, Tobia was able to destroy several Dionas until Dogatie attacked him with the Elegolea. This put Tobia into a bad situation, as he was in danger of killing Bernadette if he would attack the MA. This forced him to fight defensly, allowing Dogatie to gain the upper hand and nearly stunning Tobia with a ramming attack of the Elegolea's nose. He afterwards took the Muramasa blaster of the X-3 to kill Tobia, but the youth was able to stop the attack with the I-field of the X-3. He then rammed the Muramasa blaster into the MA, critically damaging it and allowing Tobia to rip out the cockpit capsule containing Bernadette. Dogatie tried to attack the X-3 one last time but Tobia finally destroyed the Elegolea with the Muramasa blaster.