Extreme Gundam R is a Prototype Multi-Mode Mobile Suit featured in "Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost" arcade game (as the final boss of the game) and the Gundam EXA VS manga. Four units are piloted by Sthesia Awar Acht, Sthesia Awar Sesto, Sthesia Awar Nono, and Sthesia Awar Primo.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Extreme Gundam R is a MS derived from the original Extreme Gundam. The only difference between the two is the glowing parts of the MS which have a more toned-down blue compared to the originals. Just like it's predecessor, it is designed to store armaments in several armor packs to suit multiple combat situations. The head unit also transforms depending of the Armor Pack used.
- Beam Saber
- The unit's standard close combat armament, capable of slicing a mobile suit in half.
- Armor Packs
- The Extreme Gundam R can equip different armor packs for different capabilities. To use each of the Armor Packs the Extreme Gundam must fold its legs inwards and adjust its head for the respective pack. There is four known Armor Packs used by the Extreme R : the Tachyon Rephaser Pack, the Ignis Rephaser, the Carnage Rephaser and the Mystic Rephaser.
- An enhanced version of the original Tachyon Phase with a blue color scheme, fitted with shields on it's shoulders and additional swords mounted on it's hips. This Phase is piloted by Acht.
- An enhanced version of the original Carnage Phase with a green and black color scheme, fitted with additional missiles mounted on its shoulders, hip mounted cannons and forearm mounted claws. This version is piloted by Sesto.
- An enhanced version of the original Ignis Phase with a rose pink color scheme, fitted with additional large funnels and unique funnel missiles. This one is piloted by Nono.
- An enhanced version of the original Mystic Phase with a black color scheme, outfitted with a new melee weapon and a shield. This version is one is piloted by Primo.