Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The G-Cannon Magna is a mobile suit developed by Anaheim Electronics as part of its "Silhouette Formula Project". The suit appeared in the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91 in UC 0123.
Technology and Combat Abilities
The F71B G-Cannon Magna is a traditional mid-range fire support unit . It is weak in close combat . Since it is based on the F71 G-Cannon, the armament of the G-Cannon Magna is largely similar to that of the original unit. Both units feature two forearm-mounted 2-barrel beam guns, two beam sabers for close combat and an optional beam rifle. The G-Cannon Magna however lacks the head-mounted vulcan guns of the original unit, while the two backpack-mounted 4-barrel machine cannons became an optional equipment. Instead the G-Cannon Magna features two beam cannons, which, like the machine cannons are mounted over the shoulders of the suit. These cannons were intended to be cheaper versions of the VSBR beam rifles used on both the F90 Gundam F90 and F91 Gundam F91 and featured new electron high-speed conversion and acceleration technology. To power these two cannons, the reactor output of the G-Cannon Magna is higher than that of the original G-Cannon.
- Beam Cannon
- The primary weapons of the F71B G-Cannon Magna is a pair of back mounted beam cannons. The beam cannons use new electron high-speed conversion and acceleration technology. This technology was designed as a cheaper alternative to the variable speed beam rifle technology used on the RXF-91 Silhouette Gundam.
- 2-barrel Beam Gun
- Similar to the G-Cannon the G-Cannon Magna also mounts a 2-barrel beam gun in each wrist.
- Beam Saber
- The name "beam saber" is somewhat of a misnomer as, unlike other weapons with the word beam, the beam saber does not use mega-particles. Instead, it emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade.
- 4-barrel Machine Cannon
- The pair of back mounted 4-barrel machine cannon were the standard equipment aboard the F71 G-Cannon, but were replaced by beam cannons on the F71B G-Cannon Magna. The 4-barrel machine cannons are heavy caliber projectile firing cannons designed for fire-support combat.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
Built by Anaheim Elctronics, the G-Cannon Magna is an upgraded variant of the original G-Cannon, which was built using data illegally obtained from the Earth Federation's Strategic Naval Research Institute. Field testing of the F71B G-Cannon Magna began in November of the year UC 0122 and entered the final stages of testing in February of UC 0123. The field testing took place at the uninhabited Zebra Zone of the Side 3 area, based out of the Anaheim Electronics owned freighter Bladewood. The test pilot and commander of the Bladewood's mobile suits was Karl Subit, a man who piloted an AMS-119 Geara Doga during the Second Neo Zeon War.