Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Although manufactured by Anaheim Electronics, the G-Cannon was based on the designs of the F70 Cannon Gundam by SNRI (which works as an OEM for G-Cannon). While G-Cannon inherits the ability to remove the shoulder machine cannons and function as general purpose mobile suit, the overall performance is still inferior to Cannon Gundam. Nevertheless, this miniaturized mobile suit largely outperforms the Federation's RGM-109 Heavygun.
G-Cannon also utilizes the weapons system derived from the F90 Gundam Formula 90's mission pack. The shoulder machine cannons can be replaced by various equipment including the VSBR, a 200mm long range cannon and beam cannons. The most complex variant is the Powered Weapon Type.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- 4-barrel 130mm Machine Cannon
- The most identifying weapon of the F71 G-Cannon is the pair of 4-barrel 130mm machine cannons built into the unit's back that rise up over the shoulders. During an age where mobile suit designs were focused on speed over armor the machine cannons form powerful ranged weapons.
- 2-barrel Beam Gun
- The F71 G-Cannon mounts a 2-barrel beam gun in each wrist. However these are secondary weapons that are not used as often as the machine cannons or the beam rifle.
- Beam Saber
- The F71 G-Cannon is equipped with two beam sabers for melee combat. The beam sabers are stored in recharge racks when not in use.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried optional ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
- Shields are defensive equipment, essentially large slabs of stylized metal, designed to protect the equipped mobile suit from attacks that cannot be dodged that would otherwise damage or destroy the mobile suit. Shields are typically strong enough to take several explosions from light to medium sized explosives, and are treated with an anti-beam coating to block beam attacks. However as is the nature of physical objects, the shield takes a large amount of stress from the attacks and will only withstand so much punishment before breaking.
The G-Cannon is the first mass production mobile suit derived from SNRI's Formula Project. It was first rolled out in April of the year UC 0115 and would remain in service for 8 years into UC 0123, when the Crossbone Vanguard would invade the colony Frontier IV.
When used in combat it typically serves the role as a fire-support unit for the RGM-109 Heavygun and Jegan mobile suits, despite how these are older machines that are technologically less advanced and somewhat less capable than the G-Cannon.
When the Crossbone Vanguard invaded Frontier IV, a number of G-Cannons would serve as part of the Earth Federation Forces' colony defense. However the G-Cannons, as well as all of the Earth Federation's other mobile suits, were completely overwhelmed by the newer beam-shield equipped mobile suits of the Crossbone Vanguard, though its unknown if the technology difference was truly that great or if the 30 years of peace hadn't dulled the Earth Federation's piloting standards.