The F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type is a mobile suit introduced in Gundam F91 Mobile Suit Variations.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type is a modified F71 G-Cannon equipped with the VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle) based off those used by the Gundam F91. This suit was developed by Anaheim Electronics to test the performance of the VSBR. Given the output of the suits generator, the VSBR full output would be lower than that of the F91, but would still be able to bypass a beam shield generator. Aside from the replacement of the machine cannons, the armaments of this mobile suit are the same as the regular G-Cannon.
- Vulcan Guns
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The name "Beam Saber" is somewhat of a misnomer as, unlike other weapons with the word beam, the beam saber does not use mega-particles. Instead, it emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The Minovsky particles are stored by E-cap in the hilt of the beam saber, which is recharged from the mobile suit's reactor when the saber is returned to its socket. Once activated, beam sabers do not rely on the mobile suit's reactor and can be thrown or discarded as decoys.
- 2-barrel Beam Gun
- The F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type mounts a 2-barrel beam gun in each wrist. However these are secondary weapons that are not used as often as the VSBR or the beam rifle.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried optional ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
- VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle)
- The most powerful weapon employed by the G Cannon VSBR Type is a new type of beam rifle known as the Variable Speed Beam Rifle, or VSBR for short. Rather than being a hand-carried weapon powered by an energy cap or e-pac, the VSBR is mounted on the mobile suit itself and powered directly by its reactor. The pilot could adjust the speed at which the mega particles used in the beam fire were accelerated. Slower-speed particles produced a wider beam that delivered more raw damage, and higher-speed particles create a more tightly focused, penetrating beam. Thus, the G Cannon's pilot could choose to deliver beam damage on a wider area or focused, high-speed shots to penetrate thick armor or even beam shields. The G Cannon VSBR Type is equipped with two Variable Speed Beam Rifles which are mounted on the unit's backpack and over the shoulder.
- Shields are defensive equipment, essentially large slabs of stylized metal, designed to protect the equipped mobile suit from attacks that cannot be dodged that would otherwise damage or destroy the mobile suit. Shields are typically strong enough to take several explosions from light to medium sized explosives, and are treated with an anti-beam coating to block beam attacks. However as is the nature of physical objects, the shield takes a large amount of stress from the attacks and will only withstand so much punishment before breaking.
F71 G-Cannon Powered Weapon Type | F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
|Gundam F91's variations|
F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type | HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
|RGM-109 Heavygun's variation|
RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
|RGM-111 Hardygun's variations|
RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type | RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type
|Guntank R-44's variation|
RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powered Weapons Type
| XM-05 Berga Giros' variation|
XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
|XM-06 Dahgi Iris' variation|
XM-06 Dahgi Iris Improved Armament Type
| XM-07 Vigna Ghina's variations|
XM-07B Vigna Ghina II | XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special