Technology & Combat Characteristics
The F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type is a modified F71 G-Cannon equipped with the VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle) based off those used by the Gundam F91. This suit was developed by Anaheim Electronics to test the performance of the VSBR. Given the output of the suits generator, the VSBR full output would be lower than that of the F91, but would still be able to bypass a beam shield generator. Aside from the replacement of the machine cannons, the armaments of this mobile suit are the same as the regular G-Cannon.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most mobile suits, it is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-Field and is capable of cutting through almost any metal not treated with anti-beam coating.
- Double Beam Gun
- The F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type mounts a double beam gun on each forearm. However these are secondary weapons that are not used as often as the VSBR or the beam rifle.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle are can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- VSBR (Variable Speed Beam Rifle)
- Mounted on the backpack and powered by the suit's reactor, the pair of VSBRs are high-output large beam rifles. The most powerful weapon employed by the G Cannon VSBR Type, the VSBRs can fire either low-speed beams with high destructive power, or high-speed beams with high penetrating power, sufficient to destroy two MS with one shot or pierce a beam shield.
- Shields are defensive equipment, essentially large slabs of stylized metal, designed to protect the equipped mobile suit from attacks that cannot be dodged that would otherwise damage or destroy the mobile suit. Shields are typically strong enough to take several explosions from light to medium sized explosives, and are treated with an anti-beam coating to block beam attacks. However as is the nature of physical objects, the shield takes a large amount of stress from the attacks and will only withstand so much punishment before breaking.
F71 G-Cannon Powered Weapon Type | F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
|Gundam F91's variations|
F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type | HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
|RGM-109 Heavygun's variation|
RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
|RGM-111 Hardygun's variations|
RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type | RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type
|Guntank R-44's variation|
RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powered Weapons Type
| XM-05 Berga Giros' variation|
XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
|XM-06 Dahgi Iris' variation|
XM-06 Dahgi Iris Custom
| XM-07 Vigna Ghina's variations|
XM-07B Vigna Ghina II | XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special