Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mission pack designed for long distance sniping. Not only does it perform long-range shooting, tests performed with this mission pack include the bending of beam trajectory. It is equipped with a long range rifle that can switch firing modes between beam and live ammunition, capable of firing at high angles while remaining hidden from sight. Because it is not a homing weapon, coordinates must be entered into the computer before shooting. Spare ammunition clips are attached to the waist hardpoints, while E-Caps are mounted on the left and right leg hardpoints. It was completed with the I-Type mission pack on October 28, U.C. 0121.
- 60mm Vulcan Guns
- Mounted on the F90II's head, it is used as a weapon to increase the distance between the enemy and the pilot. It can also be used to deal some damage to enemy mobile suits.
- Beam Saber
- The F90II mounts 4 powerful beam sabers that allows it to swiftly cut and destroy enemy mobile suits. 2 on its recharge rack on its back and 2 on its right shoulder.
- 2-tube Medium Range Missile Launcher
- Each forearm is equipped with a 2-tube Missile Launcher used for defensive purposes such as when the mobile suit gets trapped. When used properly, it becomes a weapon capable of tying down enemies.
- Long Rifle
- The unique weapon of the F90II-L, featuring the ability to fire both live ammunition and beams. In live firing mode it uses clips of 6 rounds each, while in the beam rifle mode, it is powered by a replaceable e-cap. Additional ammunition for the live rounds are stored on the left skirt armor, while 2 additional e-caps are stored on their leg joints. When not in use, the Long Rifle can be folded in two and stored to the right of its backpack.
- Beam Rifle
- The beam rifle is the standard ranged weapon of Earth Federation mobile suits. The technology of the beam rifle allows it to fire a compressed mega particle beam which can penetrate any physical armor, leading to the saying that any mobile suit equipped with a beam rifle had the power of a battleship at its disposal. The F90II's beam rifle is powered by a replaceable e-pac and can mount on the waist weapons mount. On the F90II-L, this equipment is entirely optional due to the Long Rifle that is already available from its mission pack.
- The F90II sports an optional colossal shield about 4/5 of its height, capable of defending against both beam and physical weaponry. It can be used as a combo with the Long Rifle to simultaneously attack and defend. While the shield defends the mobile suit, the pilot is allowed to concentrate on sniping his target. When not in use, it is stored at the back of the F90II.
Special Equipment & Features
- Bio-Computer System
- The Bio-Computer, a derivative of the Psycommu system, installed in the F90II by using advanced computation, relays tactical data directly to the pilot's brain in the form of sensory information. This reduces the strain on the human operator, increases the pilot's handling abilities, and reduces their reaction time significantly, allowing it to dodge pre-emptive attacks before they strike, making it very nimble in combat. The system allows a new pilot to adapt easily and as such makes it practical for war combat.
- A thermoscope is mounted on the mission pack of the F90II-L which when brought forward from the right to the eyes, allows the mobile suit to detect enemies that are invisible. This makes it a deadly long range sniper on the battlefield, capable of shooting down any opponent before it.
- Precision Composite Sensor
- Mounted on the left shoulder of the F90II, it allows the suit to accurately pinpoint the exact coordinates of enemy mobile suits, giving the mobile suit a super range and unprecedented accuracy for its shots. This is usually used together with the Long Rifle and its shield, although it can be used in tandem with the missile launcher as well.
The Gundam F90II Long Range Type is piloted by Nana Tachibana who engaged in combat with Crossbone Vanguard forces in U.C. 0123. This mobile suit however, is only used for a short period of time before being out of commision.
Notes and Trivia