The FA-007GIII Full Armor Gundam Mk-III ("Full Armor Gundam Mk-III") is a full armor mobile suit, it was first featured in Bandai's SD Club magazine as part of Kunio Okawara's original design series M-MSV.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The FA-007GIII Full Armor Gundam Mk-III is the armor-equipped version of the MSF-007 Gundam Mk-III, and was designed to be able to fight without any drop in performance, thanks to the addition of extra sub generators. The emphasis of this form was offensive power rather than defensive power and can be seen in its main armaments, which removes the shield in favor of two distinctively large beam cannons fitted on both the unit's legs and shoulders.
- Hyper Beam Cannon
- Two additional Hyper Beam Cannon are mounted on each of the Full Armor Gundam Mk-III's legs. A direct hit from one of these weapons can destroy a MS with ease.
- Beam Cannon
- Mounted on each shoulder is a beam cannon, which are connected directly to the mobile suits movable frame so that energy supply and fire control can be performed without using the mobile suit's hands.
- Shield Cannon
- The shoulder-mounted shields of the Full Armor Gundam Mk-III also have offensive capability of their own with two beam cannons, which swivel up when being fired.
- Grenade Launcher
- An addition to the Mk-III's offensive capability are two missile launchers. These small missiles are not very effective against large ships, but are ideal mid-range anti-mobile suit weapons.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Full Armor Gundam Mk-III has two beam sabers, and unlike the normal Mk-III they are not mounted on the shield.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle used by the is upgraded from the model used by the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, and it has a higher power rating.
Following the footstep of previous Gundam, the Mk-III also features an upgrade in form of a Full Armor package, which, despite its name, adds more to the MS's offensive capability than to its protection.
|UC 0096 Last Sun Mechanics|
FA-00100S Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai | FA-007GIII Full Armor Gundam Mk-III | MSN-001A1 Delta Plus | MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai | MSZ-009BX Prototype ZZ Gundam (NITRO) | RGM-86R GM III | RGM-89S Stark Jegan | RIX-00PT GF-Tank | RIX-001 Gundam G-First | RIX-001［GA］ Gundam G-First-DX | RIX-003 Cannongan | RIX-003［GA］ Cannongan-DX | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee | RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex
|Transporter / Supply Ship|
|Neo Zeon | Zeon Remnants|
| Mobile Suit|
AMS-129 Geara Zulu | AMX-009 Dreissen | AMX-014 Döven Wolf | AMX-107 Bawoo | AMX-107R Rebawoo | ATMS-09R Zuom | MS-05B Zaku I (Darmac Barlow Use) | MS-06F Zaku II | RMS-119 EWAC Zack
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Garencieres | Musai-class