Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Full Armor Gundam ALEX is the Gundam Alex equipped with additional armor and weaponry similar to those of the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam. This is an alternate armor plan to the Alex's Chobham Armor. Like the Full Armor Gundam, the Full Armor Gundam ALEX has numerous missiles stored in the various additional armor pieces, a cannon on its back and a double beam cannon on its right arm.
- 60mm Head Vulcan
- Mounted in the head, these two 60mm Vulcan guns have high rate of fire but low power. They are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles and the likes.
- 90mm Gatling Gun
- Hidden under the pop-up forearm armor of the Gundam Alex is a pair of 3-barrel 90mm Gatling guns. While not as powerful as the Beam Rifle, the Gatling guns have high rate of fire, element of surprise and can easily penetrate through thinly-armored MS. The Gatling Guns are unusable when Gundam Alex is fitted with the Chobham Armor.
- Beam Saber
- Beam sabers are the standard close combat armament of most Earth Federation Forces' mobile suit. The beam sabers use minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material without anti-beam treatment. The particles for the beam sabers are stored in a rechargeable E-cap in the hilt of the saber.
- Double Beam Cannon
- The Full Armor Gundam Alex mounts a double beam cannon, which resembles the FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam's twin beam rifle, on its right arm. It is the Gundam's primary weapon, and its particle beam could penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Similar to the Full Armor Gundam, a large rocket firing cannon is mounted to the Full Armor Gundam Alex's back.
- The Full Armor Gundam Alex can fire missiles from various armor pieces all over its body. These missiles could destroy a MS with a direct hit.
Heavily damaged during the incident at Side 6 on December of UC 0079, the "Alex" was recovered and stored at an Earth Federation base on Earth. With the development of more advanced Psycommu-use MS technology, the Federation scraps the "Alex" project and the unit is left in storage. At some point an anti-federation faction discover the unit, which is then requisitioned by them and subsequent repairs on the machine completed.