Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Full Armor Gundam ALEX is a re-designation given to the RX-78NT-1 when it is equipped with the Full Armor option, which consisted of chobham armor plates grafted to the main body frame of the Alex. In UC 0084, the newly repaired unit incorporates the same Full-Armor System and Weapon System (FSWS) from the older FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type. Despite these modifications, the Full Armor Gundam ALEX retains most of its standard armaments.
- 60mm Head Vulcan
- Mounted in the head, these two 60mm Vulcan guns have high rate of fire but low power. They are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles or other fast moving targets.
- 90mm Gatling Gun
- Hidden under the pop-up forearm armor of the Gundam Alex is a pair of 3-barrel 90mm Gatling guns. While not as powerful as the Beam Rifle, the Gatling guns have high rate of fire, element of surprise and can easily penetrate through thinly-armored MS. The Gatling Guns are unusable when Gundam Alex is fitted with the Chobham Armor.
- Beam Saber
- Beam sabers are the standard close combat armament of most Earth Federation Forces' Mobile Suit, and Gundam Alex stores two of them in its backpack. The beam sabers use Minovsky particles held in place by an I-Field to form an effective cutting surface that can slice through nearly any material. The particles for the beam sabers are stored in an E-cap in the hilt of the saber, which is recharged from the Gundam's reactor when the saber is returned to its socket.
- Double Beam Rifle
- The Full Armor Gundam Alex mounts a double beam rifle, which outwardly resembles the Gundam Full Armor Type's 2-barrel hand beam gun, on its right hand. This weapon is the Gundam's primary weapon, and its particle beam could penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Similar to the Gundam Full Armor Type, a large rocket cannon is mounted to the the Full Armor Gundam Alex's right shoulder. It was a powerful artillery piece derived from the RX-78-2 Gundam's Hyper Bazooka.
- Shoulder Missiles
- In addition to the cannon, the Full Armor Gundam Alex also has two missiles launched from its left shoulder to compensate for anti-beam protection. Each of these missiles could destroy a MS with a direct hit.
- Full-Armor System and Weapon System (FSWS)
Heavily damaged during the incident at Side 6 on December of UC 0079, the "Alex" was recovered and stored at an Earth Federation base on Earth. With the development of more advanced Psycommu-use MS technology, the Federation scraps the "Alex" project and the unit is left in storage. At some point the Titans faction discover the unit, which is then requisitioned by them and subsequent repairs on the machine completed.