The FA-93-ν2HWS Hi-ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type is an heavy armored variant of the RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam. It has so far not appeared in any Gundam stories, but can be created by fitting the MG RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam "Ver. Ka" with the Bandai Hobby Exclusive Heavy Weapons System.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam equipped with the F.S.W.S (Full-armor System and Weapon System), that provides the suit with additional armor and weaponry. The suit also gains a pair of sub-arms with beam sabers that are mounted behind the additional front skirt armor, and its new weaponry come in the form of chest and shoulder mounted missile launchers, a more powerful beam rifle and a larger shield with two mega particle cannons. The Hi-ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type also has the ability to change into a high mobility form, which can carry two hyper bazookas, by mounting the new shield on its back.
- 60mm Vulcan Guns
- A basic armament found on many Federation mobile suits. While essentially ineffectual against mobile suit armor, these head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire and are useful in intercepting incoming missiles/rockets, destroying mobile suit sensors, and engaging lightly-armored vehicles.
- Beam Gatling Gun
- Located in the Hi-ν HWS's right forearm is a beam gatling gun. It is powerful enough to destroy other mobile suits with a concentrated stream of fire. The weapon can also generate a beam blade for close combat.
- Beam Sabers
- The Hi-ν Gundam HWS carries three beam sabers for close combat, with one being stored in the left forearm for rapid deployment and the other two stored in the back-mounted binders. The beam sabers stored in the wing binders are capable of producing a second beam blade from the bottom of the hilt for surprise attacks or handling multiple opponents in combat; it is curious to note that the forearm-stored saber is incapable of such a feat. All three sabers' beams are tinted a royal blue to match the Hi-ν HWS's paint job.
- Fin Funnels
- The Hi-ν Gundam HWS carries 6 fin funnels, mounted on the mobile suit's back in a wing-like formation. These remote weapons are the Hi-ν HWS's trump card in engaging enemies from a single opponent to multiple enemies. Compared to previous remote weapons, the fin funnels' power rating is increased, giving them firepower comparable to beam cannons. The Hi-ν HWS is capable of refueling and recharging its fin funnels. The fin funnels can arrange themselves into geometric formations to deploy the fin funnel barrier like the ν Gundam, a defensive field that can repel any attacks with lower output than the fin funnel's.
- Shoulder Missile Launchers
- An improved version of the multi-use launchers that were widely used in the Gryps Conflict, the Missile Launchers mounted on the shoulders of the Hi-ν Gundam HWS carries 4 missiles each.
- Chest Missile Launchers
- A second pair of missile launchers are hidden in the additional chest armor. They are revealed when the chest armor flip up.
- Beam Rifle
- The Hi-ν Gundam HWS carries a beam rifle powered by E-Pacs as its primary weapon, its output is variable and at maximum output can rival the mega particle cannons used by the warships at that time. The particle beam fired from it can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Hyper Mega Rifle
- A stronger beam rifle, at its maximum output, the Hyper Mega Rifle's power is comparable to that of several battleship-class mega particle cannons. This weapon also supported ultra-long-range sniping and featured a bipod for precision firing. A sensor built into the rifle adjusts the power output according to the target's distance, and could be controlled via the mobile suit's psycoframe system.
- New Hyper Bazooka
- The Hi-ν HWS is also armed with an improved hyper bazooka with longer firing range and firepower. It is capable of destroying an enemy unit in a single shot and is mostly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets. When the suit is in high mobility form, two new hyper bazookas are stored on the underside of the back-mounted hyper mega shield.
- The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. Similar in appearance to ν Gundam's, the Hi-ν Gundam's shield is emblazoned with Amuro's emblem. It features a built-in 7.8 MW beam cannon and several missiles.
- Hyper Mega Shield
- A larger shield that is armed with a pair of mega particle cannons. It is mounted on top of the Hi-ν Gundam's original shield when the suit is in its normal form. When the suit is in high mobility form, the Hyper Mega Shield is mounted on the back. In addition, the sides of the Hyper Mega Shield will separate and adopt a configuration similar to the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki's wing binders
Special Equipment & Features
- External Propellant Tanks
- Mounted on the back, the external propellant tanks substantially increase the amount of fuel the Hi-ν Gundam HWS can carry, thus increasing its operational flight time. When the fuel is depleted, the tanks can be ejected to decrease mass. The propellant tanks also mount thrusters near the bottom to improve the suit's mobility.
- Psycoframe Cockpit
- The Hi-ν HWS's cockpit is lined with nanoscopic psycommu receptors, allowing a Newtype pilot to operate both the mobile suit and psycommu weaponry with ease. Amuro Ray would make great use of this feature, controlling the Hi-ν HWS and maneuvering its fin funnels like extensions of his own body. One MSN-03-2 Psyco Geara Doga that was shot down during the battle at Fifth Luna had its psycoframe used to enhanced Hi-ν HWS's own.
- The additional front skirt armor contains a pair of sub-arms that are folded and stored underneath the armor when not in use. Each of the sub-arms is armed with a beam saber.