FA-93HWS ν Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type
|Developed from||RX-93 ν Gundam|
|Overall Height||23.0 meters75.459 ft |
|Head Height||22.0 meters72.178 ft |
|Max Weight||87.0 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||27.9 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||2980 kW3,996.246 hp|
|Sensor Range||21300 meters69,881.89 ft|
|Armor||Gundarium γ alloy|
|Max Acceleration||1.12 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||4 x 18300 kg40,344.583 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Anaheim Electronics planned to improve the newtype use RX-93 ν Gundam by equipping it with the F.S.W.S (Full-armor System and Weapon System), which included removable chobham armor to increase its protection and includes two shoulder missile pods that flank either side of the head. The ν Gundam's shield also replaced by a larger shield with built-in thrusters, to counter the Heavy Weapon System's increased mass. The heavy beam rifle also increased the firepower of ν Gundam. However, the Heavy Weapon System plan was never completed due to ν Gundam's rushed deployment and eventual MIA status. It should be noted that the missile launcher components of the Full Armor are improved versions of the ZZ Gundam's missile launchers.
- 60mm Vulcan gun
- Beam saber
- Large beam saber
- Beam rifle
- Hyper bazooka
- Hyper Mega Rifle
- A beam rifle said to possess a power rating high enough to destroy anything at maximum output, it is the most powerful beam-type weapon of the suit. This weapon also supported ultra-long-range sniping and featured a bipod for precision firing. A sensor built into the rifle adjusts the power output according to the target's distance, and could be manually controlled via the mobile suit's psycoframe system. Its power output rivaled that of the main cannons of UC battleships. To improve accuracy, it was partly controlled by newtype psycommu waves.
- High Mega Shield
- A variation of the RX-93's shield, it is thicker for solid-weapon endurance and can equip a ballistic missile launcher that detonates with enough destructive power to erase a number of suits when it makes contact with any surface. Due to its slow movement speed it is preferable to use it at point-blank range to inflict enormous damage without missing the target. Other than that, the shield has two fixed beam cannons, with power output rivaling that of the ZZ Gundam's High Mega Cannon.
- Beam cannon
- Missle launcher
- Small missle
- Shoulder Missile Launchers
- An improved version of the multi use launchers that were widely used in the Gryps Conflict, the Missile Launchers mounted on the shoulders of the H.W.S. can use a wide variety of munitions, which included the Psycommu Grenade. Apparently, it is linked to the later development of a weapon called the "Funnel Missile".
- Fin Funnels
- Considered one of the most deadly weapons in UC history, the funnels were individual remote weapons that could fly off and attack from receiving the psycommu waves of the pilot. Fin funnels were funnels equipped with their own generator, which greatly increased their capabilities. They needed less frequent charging, and were able to generate a fin funnel barrier, a defensive field, around friendly units.
Special Equipment & Features
- Birdlime launchers
- Dummy launchers
- Psycoframe cockpit
The Nu Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type would have been a considerable upgrade to the RX-93 Nu Gundam. However, during the Second Neo Zeon War, Amuro Ray used the Nu Gundam to push away Axis, resulting in his sudden disappearance.
- This mobile suit appears as a playable unit in the Playstation 2 mecha action video game Another Century's Episode 3: The Final (2007).
- In SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online, the Heavy Weapons System is considered one of the more powerful units in the game. In HWS mode, the unit is armed with homing missiles, the Hyper Beam Cannon and Fin Funnels, which are strong enough to shoot down all projectiles, including the tracer rounds for the Ranged Special Attack. In Purged mode, it loses the Fin Funnels and armor in exchange for the Hyper Bazooka, Beam Rifle and Beam Saber.