Technology & Combat Characteristics
Anaheim Electronics planned to improve the RX-93 ν Gundam by equipping it with the F.S.W.S (Full-armor System and Weapon System), which included removable Chobham armor to increase its protection and includes two shoulder missile pods that flank either side of the head. The ν Gundam's shield is now equipped with additional weaponry in the form of a pair of mega particle cannons, while the hyper mega rifle also increased the firepower of ν Gundam. However, the Heavy Weapon System plan was never completed due to ν Gundam's rushed deployment and eventual MIA status. It should be noted that the missile launcher components of the v Gundam HWS type are improved versions of the ZZ Gundam's missile launchers.
- 60mm Vulcan Gun
- Beam Saber
- Large Beam Saber
- Beam Rifle
- New Hyper Bazooka
- Hyper Mega Rifle
- The most powerful beam weapon of the suit, at its maximum output, the Hyper Mega Rifle's power is comparable to that of several battleship-class mega particle cannons. This weapon also supported ultra-long-range sniping and featured a bipod for precision firing. A sensor built into the rifle adjusts the power output according to the target's distance, and could be controlled via the mobile suit's psycoframe system.
- High Mega Shield
- The ν Gundam's shield with a pair of mega particle cannons mounted on top. These cannons' firepower is comparable to that of the ZZ Gundam's High Mega Cannon. The High Mega Shield also retains the other weaponry of the original shield.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- Beam Cannon
- Small Missile
- Shoulder Missile Launchers
- An improved version of the multi-use launchers that were widely used in the Gryps Conflict, the Missile Launchers mounted on the shoulders of the H.W.S. can use a wide variety of munitions. During the conceptualisation stage, the launcher was supposed to be fitted with Psycommu Grenades, a weapon in which its trajectory can be controlled to a certain degree by the pilot. However, the plan did not materialised due to development problems with the Psycommu Grenade, but it was said to be linked to the later development of a similar weapon called the "Funnel Missile".
- Fin Funnels
- Considered one of the most deadly weapons in UC history, the funnels were individual remote weapons that could fly off and attack from receiving the psycommu waves of the pilot. Fin funnels were funnels equipped with their own generator, which greatly increased their capabilities. They needed less frequent charging, and were able to generate a fin funnel barrier, a defensive field, around friendly units.
Special Equipment & Features
- Birdlime Launchers
- Dummy Launchers
- Psycoframe Cockpit
The v Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type would have been a considerable upgrade to the RX-93 v Gundam. However, during the Second Neo Zeon War, Amuro Ray used the v Gundam to push away Axis, resulting in his sudden disappearance.
- This mobile suit appears as a playable unit in the PlayStation 2 mecha action video game Another Century's Episode 3: The Final (2007).
- In SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online, the Heavy Weapons System is considered one of the more powerful units in the game. In HWS mode, the unit is armed with homing missiles, the Hyper Beam Cannon and Fin Funnels, which are strong enough to shoot down all projectiles, including the tracer rounds for the Ranged Special Attack. In Purged mode, it loses the Fin Funnels and armor in exchange for the Hyper Bazooka, Beam Rifle and Beam Saber.
|Londo Bell/Earth Federation|
|ν Gundam's variations|
FA-93HWS v Gundam Heavy Weapons System Type | RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type | RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam
RGC-90 Jegan Heavy Armor Type | RGM-89S Prototype Stark Jegan
RGZ-91B Re-GZ Custom
|Geara Doga's variations|
AMS-119 Geara Doga Heavy Armed Type | AMS-119S Geara Doga Kai | AMS-120X Geara Doga Psycommu System Test Type
| NZ-333 α Azieru's variations|
NZ-222 Psyco Doga | NZ-444 β Azieru