Technology & Combat Characteristics
FF-3F Saberfish space fighters were deployed by the Earth Federation Space Force for combat in outer space. With landing gear retracted, they stood 6.9m tall, but with landing gear extended, they reached a height of 7.1m. They can be modified to fly at high altitudes in the atmosphere so as well as being space fighters, they are air-to-air fighters. The FF-3F Saberfish space fighters specialized in attacking by firing large numbers of missiles.
- Machine Guns
- Machine guns were built into the nose of each FF-3F Saberfish.
- Detachable Container-Type Missile Launchers
- On each of the space fighters' fuselages, these were mounted at four points on the top and bottom.
Special Equipment & Features
- Rocket Boosters
- When an FF-3F Saberfish needs to switch from atmospheric flight to space flight, these provide nimble maneuvering allowing it to provide anti-air protection for spaceships.
FF-3F Saberfish space fighters were present during the capture of Von Braun by Maj. Gen. Kycilia Zabi's mobile suit assault force on January 3. As another fighter flew past, one in particular engaged MS-05S Char's Zaku I with its many missiles. Char quickly dealt heavy damage to its port side and then it exploded.
Battle of Loum
FF-3F Saberfish space fighters also saw action at the Battle of Loum on January 15.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 1, Blue-Eyed Casval
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 MECHANICAL｜MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN
- ↑ MECHANICAL｜機動戦士ガンダム THE ORIGIN 公式サイト
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Episode 5, Clash at Loum