Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
In order to compensate for the Core Fighter's deficiency in heavy firepower, the FF-X7-Bst Core Booster was deployed by the Earth Federation as a high-speed space/atmospheric assault aircraft. The unit was basically a Core Fighter combined with a heavy-duty booster module, greatly improving its speed, firepower, armor, operational stamina. Armed with 2 powerful mega-particle cannons, 4 25mm Vulcan Guns, 2 four-round missile launchers and an impressive payload of bombs, the Core Booster could serve both as a high-altitude air superiority fighter and a tactical bomber. In space combat, the Core Booster served as a serious support unit of the mobile assault squadrons for Federation warships, most notably the Pegasus-class assault carrier White Base.
- 25mm Vulcan Gun
- These 4 guns are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hitting other fast moving targets. They also made good use as an anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons. The Vulcan guns however had a hard time piercing heavy armor (though they had shown the ability to do severe damage to Mobile Suit's if fired at point-blank range)and thus were not often used against larger, more heavily armored foes.
- Missile Launcher
- Mounted within the main body were a set of missile launchers. These rocket-propelled weapons were used for bombardment and to deal damage to heavily armored enemies.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- One of the most significant upgrades in the FF-X7-Bst Core Booster is the addition of a pair of mega particle cannons. The high output of the mega particle cannons makes them capable of penetrating thick mobile suit armor, a feat that the Vulcan guns are incapable of.
- As a support fighter the FF-X7 Core Booster carries a payload of bombs that can be used to break fortified positions.
During the One Year War, the Core Booster was originally created to increase the survival rate of mobile suit pilots by function as an escape system. Since the mass-produce GM was never installed with a core block system the production line was stopped. However, there were still mobile units using core block systems and the Earth Federation had to keep spare parts around. The Core Fighters were given a booster unit to increase its fire power, agility, and mobility. This way the Earth Federation can salvage their expenses by mass-producing them as Core Boosters. The Core Booster's performance surpassed even the FF-S3 Saber Fish which was the newest Fighter during that time. Since the Core Booster had an equivalent performance as the Gundam's power plant and weaponry similar to Gundam's beam rifle. The problem was the Core Boosters cost, however its construction and armaments were reevaluated. Then it was sent to the White Base for a test drive. In the end, the Earth Federation continued building the Core Booster units. They even settled using parts of the core fighter and switching to solid ammunition. The Jet Core Booster II and other projects would later be developed.
Notes & Trivia
- The FF-X7-Bst Core Booster's appearance in the first and second compilation movies was because Yoshiyuki Tomino wanted to remove elements that made the series feel more like a Super Robot series than what he intended and the G-Fighter was one of those elements.
|Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy Mechanics
|Earth Federation Forces|
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Principality of Zeon|
|Vehicles & Support Units|