The G-Armor is one of the combined forms of the RX-78-2 Gundam and its support unit, the G-Fighter. This configuration uses a standard RX-78-2 (sans weapons) equipped with two shields, with the top section covered by G Part A and the bottom section covered by G-Part B. This is the mainstay form of the Gundam and G-Fighter due to the quick docking/undocking sequence.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The G-Armor replaces the Gunperry as the RX-78-2 Gundam's mode of transportation to battles. It benefits from both the generator power of the Gundam and G-Fighter, allowing the main cannons to last longer than the Gundam's beam rifle. However, due to the dual weight of both the Gundam and the G-Fighter, it is slow to make sharp turns, and is ineffective against fast ground MS such as the MS-09B Dom.
- Beam Cannon
- 2-tube Missile Launcher
- RX-M-SH-008/S-01025 Shield
Trivia and Notes
- The G-Armor appears in Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Maxi Boost as a playable unit. Though in-game it is another playable form of the Gundam, it is actually a reference to its original depiction in the anime as a more super robot-esque machine with its ability to combine with other segments to augment its abilities.
- An image of the G-Armor's VS render was found within the console version of Extreme VS, indicating that at one point it would have been DLC.
- The G-Armor mounts two heavy Federation Mobile Suit shields, one on each side attached to the Gundam's arms. When the G-Armor seperates into the G-Fighter and Gundam, the Gundam's second shield dismounts and attaches in front of the left-side shield, supposidely creating a double-layered shield. Conversely, although the Gundam and G-Fighter can reconfigure into the G-Armor during battle, doing so leaves the side normally protected by the additional shield unguarded, as Amuro details in a briefing.
- Due to stock animation reuse, often times the additional shield would simply disappear from the G-Armor rather than overlapping the standard shield when separating.