Technology & Characteristics
An issue with previous mobile suits designed by the Saviour team was the slow response speed of the rigid single-jointed frame. The G2-Saviour uses an experimental double-jointed frame, which has overall improved the flexibility and responsiveness of the frame. Overall it is an improvement over the original G-Saviour in terms of speed and maneuverability. However, due to the changes to the frame, the area from the knee to the ankles of the mobile suit have become bulky, so thrusters have been added to increase mobility.
- 30mm Vulcan Guns
- A pair of vulcan guns located in the head. Not as powerful as beam weapons, but good for shooting down enemies who are up close.
- Beam Rifle
- Beam Saber
- A single beam saber used for close range combat.
- Beam Shield
- A shield that is emitted from a beam generator located on the left arm. It is similar in appearance to the one seen on the G3-Saviour.
Special Equipment & Features
- Double-Jointed Frame
- A new mobile suit frame constructed by the Saviour team that was first tested on the G2-Saviour. The double-jointed frame is more responsive than the rigid single-jointed frame of the G-Saviour, and was later used in the G3-Saviour and J-SAVIOUR J-Saviour.
The G2-Saviour was originally built to test a new double-jointed mobile suit frame, to be used as an optional replacement part for the G-Saviour's single-jointed frame. However, its performance during testing proved so exceptional that this frame became the new standard for Illuminati's line of mobile suits, such as the J-Saviour.
Notes & Trivia
- The G2-Saviour's improved mobile suit frame may be a reference to the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II improved movable frame.
|G-Saviour Video Game Mechanics|
G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Origin | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Space Mode | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Terrain Mode | G3-Saviour | J-SAVIOUR J-Saviour
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
|Congressional Armed Forces / Congress of Settlement Nations|
Bugu II | CCMS-03 Bugu | CCMS-04 Spearhead
CAMW-14 MW-Raid | CAMS-15 Raven