The G3-Saviour (aka "Monster Machine", pronounced "Gee Third Saviour") is a mobile suit and variant of the G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Origin appearing in the PlayStation 2 game G-Saviour. Developed by the Illuminati, it was piloted by ace-pilot Reed Fox.
Technology & Characteristics
After the G-Saviour suffered heavy damage from previous battles, the members of the Illuminati redesigned and restored the G-Saviour with newer optional parts provided by the developers of the Saviour series. The unit is given a design overhaul as well as newer weaponry and enhancement parts designed for all-terrain combat. Despite the changes in design, the key components of the G3-Saviour remain the same as the G-Saviour. Overall the MS boasts higher mobility and armor durability, as well as a new rapid-fire beam rifle. In addition, the new frame design allows for higher response speed.
Like other mobile suits in the Saviour series, the G3-Saviour can use different modules to suit the combat situation. The Space Mode features additional thrusters and verniers on its skirt and backpack for batter maneuverability on land. The Ground Attack Mode features long-range assault capabilities on land, and is equipped with missiles and a long-range beam rifle. It also features wheels on its feet for faster terrain movement. The Intensive Attack Mode features two backpack-mounted beam cannons and a long-range beam rifle.
- 30mm Vulcan Guns
- A pair of vulcan guns located in the unit's head. Although not as powerful as beam weapons, they are useful against close ranged targets.
- Beam Saber
- A single beam saber used for close range combat.
- Beam Shield
- A shield that is emitted from a beam generator located on the left arm.
- MC-1- thru MC-6- and MPC-1- thru MPC-4-compatible Hand Weapons (including Beam Rifle)
- A variety of weapons developed by Illumunati that can be equipped to the G3-Saviour. The only one seen is the rapid-fire beam rifle.
After the G-Saviour sustained damage in battle against the Raven, the Lightning Squad went to retrieve parts to repair the G-Saviour. After being rescued by the J-Saviour, the Lightning Squad was able to obtain the parts needed to upgrade the G-Saviour into the G3-Saviour. Two weeks after the battle, despite being injured, Reed insisted on piloting the G3-Saviour.
Notes & Trivia
- The G3-Saviour's line art shares a similar appearance with the F90II Gundam F90II.
- The G3-Saviour's name and higher response time may be reference to the RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3".
|G-Saviour Video Game Mechanics|
G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Origin | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Space Mode | G-SAVIOUR G-Saviour Terrain Mode | G2-Saviour | G3-Saviour | J-SAVIOUR J-Saviour
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
|Congress of Settlement Nations|
Bugu II | CAMS-14 MS-Reid | CAMS-15 Raven | CCMS-03 Bugu | CCMS-04 Spearhead