The GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger is a custom multi-mode mobile suit, it is featured in the OVA series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER and the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Δ ASTRAY.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A customized GAT-01A1 Dagger used by the Phantom Pain unit. Besides the change in color, Slaughter Dagger is modified to be lighter and has its OS adjusted for better performance. Furthermore, it is equipped with an improved, higher output AQM/E-X01 Aile Striker as part of its standard equipment, granting it full flight capability in the atmosphere as well as improved mobility in space. The armament of the Slaughter Dagger is largely identical to the ones on the Dagger, except that it is equipped with a MX703G beam rifle instead of the handheld machine gun or the M703 beam rifle. Due to the use of the Aile Striker, an extra pair of beam sabers are also added to its armament. When necessary, the Aile Striker can be replaced by other Striker Packs that are more suited for the situation. Like the Dagger, Slaughter Dagger has laminated armor to protect its vital areas.
- "Igelstellung II" 40mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- The Slaughter Dagger mounts two "Igelstellung II" 40mm multi-barrel CIWS guns in its head to shoot down incoming missiles or enemies at close range. Unlike the earlier G-project machines and Strike Dagger's, these CIWS are smaller in caliber to increase the amount of ammunition available. Like the other suits, the CIWS can automatically engage incoming enemy units by using the FCS automatic control system.
- ES01 Beam Saber
- A pair of beam sabers of the model ES01 are mounted on the side armors when in not use. They serve as the suit's main close combat weapon. Another identical pair are mounted on the Aile Striker.
- 12.5mm Anti-infantry Gun
- One in each foot, these guns are used to shoot down enemy soldiers on the ground and are powerful enough to cause severe damage to an area covered with humans. They are installed to avoid the criticism that against infantry, MS’s weapons are overkill.
- The same shield as used by GAT-01 Strike Dagger, it is meant to intercept attacks that the pilot cannot, or will not dodge. The shield is also anti-beam coated and can block or deflect energy based attacks from beam weapons. However, the shield has its limit and can be damaged or even destroyed by extremely powerful attack, such as a positron cannon blast.
- MX703G Beam Rifle
- The primary handheld ranged weapon of the suit. Its outer appearance is identical to the GAU-8M2 52mm Machine Gun, but its internal component has been changed to those of a beam rifle's. It is a trial weapon that serves as proof that shell and beam firing weapons can co-exist on a common platform.
Special Equipment & Features
- Laminated Armor
- Like the Dagger, Slaughter Dagger is equipped with a modified laminated armor made of heat-resistant ablative gel DPX-30, which is more commonly used by warships for atmospheric re-entry. While this offered no increased protection against projectile weapons, it provided defense against mobile suit-scale beam weaponry.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- The Slaughter Dagger retains the ability to mount Striker Packs like the original Dagger, granting it the ability to adapt to different combat situations easily.
During the First Alliance-PLANT War, the Earth Alliance created the GAT-01A1 Dagger, a mass-produced version of the prototype GAT-X105 Strike. The Dagger is able to mount the same Striker Packs as the Strike but due to its high production cost, the EA instead mass-produced the more simplified GAT-01 Strike Dagger. The Slaughter Dagger is a special variation of the Dagger used by Phantom Pain special forces unit under the command of Logos. As a result, the Slaughter Daggers were used in many inhuman operations which the Phantom Pain conducted both on Earth and in space.
In CE 73, a group of Martians came with the Acidalium to the Earth Sphere to check the situation there and to meet with representatives of all superpowers. During the first meeting between the Martians and members of the EA (which were actually part of the Phantom Pain), the group was "greeted" by Slaughter Daggers. Shortly afterwards, another battle ensued and the Martians eventually fled. The group then reached the Orb Union but the Phantom Pain insisted that Orb helped them destroy the Martians. To keep this operation a secret, five Orb pilots were given Slaughter Daggers, each mounting a different Striker Pack, to attack the Acdialium. The whole task force was led by Phantom Pain and GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir pilot Sven Cal Payang. After the Mars ship left Orb's territory, the task force split up and attacked the ship. The Sword Slaughter Dagger, piloted by Hoskin Gira Sakato, used his rocket anchor to tether the Acidalium to the ground of the sea, while Gard Dell Hokuha in his Lightning Slaughter Dagger and Sars Sehm Elia in her Launcher Slaughter Dagger used the ranged weapons of their Striker Packs to attack the ship from afar. In the meantime, Vanfeldt Ria Lindsay in his Slaughter Dagger and Waid Rabby Nadaga in his Slaughter Dagger IWSP fought against the GSF-YAM01 Δ Astray, piloted by Ergnes Brahe. Hoskin eventually was defeated by Nahe Herschel in his GSF-YAM02 Guardshell, while both Sars and Gard were taken down by ZAFT pilot Isaac Mau in his TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound, who accompanied the Acidalium on orders from PLANT Supreme Council chairman Gilbert Durandal. Vanfelt is then shot down by Ergnes, while Waid's IWSP pack was taken by Sven (who had lost his own flight pack), causing the reckless Orb pilot to crash into the waters.
Some time later, several Slaughter Daggers under the command of Sven were used to completely destroy a supposed terrorist camp. After that, a large Phantom Pain unit, which included several Slaughter Daggers attacked the DSSD space station to steal the GSX-401FW Stargazer. During the attack, they fought against the much weaker UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom as well as the Stargazer. Eventually the Phantom Pain fleet was destroyed.
- In Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Δ Astray, Waid Rabby Nadaga's Slaughter Dagger is shown to be using the P202QX IWSP. However, the lineart that is released later shows it to be using the AQM/E-M1 IWSP.
- The Slaughter Dagger is similar to GM Quel from Universal Century as both were part of a similar Earth extremist faction (Slaughter Dagger of Blue Cosmos/Logos/Phantom Pain to GM Quel of Titans) as well as developed from their similar counterparts (Slaughter Dagger from 105 Dagger and RGM-79Q GM Quel from RGM-79N GM Custom). Both made their appearances on their respective OVAs Gundam Seed CE 73 Stargazer and Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and were not used in television series (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny and Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam).
- The Death Troopers from Star Wars Story: Rogue One has a lot in common with the Slaughter Daggers notably having a black scheme and being an exclusive squad but with different strength in a Spin Off story. Both inflict massive damage but at the same time lose casualties as a whole and both are lead under an evil and tyrannical organization (Galactic Empire/Sith and Earth Alliance/Blue Cosmos and LOGOS).
- GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger on MAHQ.net
- GAT-01A2R+AQM/E-X02 Sword Slaughter Dagger on MAHQ.net
- GAT-01A2R+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Slaughter Dagger on MAHQ.net
- GAT-01A2R+P202QX Slaughter Dagger IWSP on MAHQ.net
- GAT-01A2R+P204QX Lightning Slaughter Dagger on MAHQ.net