GAT-FJ108 Raigo Gundam
|Developed from||GAT-X105 Strike Gundam|
|First Seen||73 C.E.|
|Last Seen||73 C.E.|
|Known Pilots||Lukas O'Donnell|
|Overall Height||17.72 meters58.136 ft |
|Standard Weight||64.8 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||Variable Phase Shift Armour|
The GAT-FJ108 Raigo Gundam is a prototype general-purpose multi-model mobile suit, it is featured in the manga series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Frame Astrays. The unit is first piloted by Gai Murakumo, then Lukas O'Donnell.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed from the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam, the Raigo is developed by Fujiyama Company, with assistance from Actaeon Industries. It can utilise the Striker Pack system and is equipped with Variable Phase Shift armor. Using its Striker Packs, which seems to be developed based on Actaeon Industries' Another Trial striker packs, the Raigo can be outfitted for all-purpose combat (Speculum Raigo), long ranged assault (Sumbullet Raigo), or heavy melee combat (Caliburn Raigo). Raigo Gundam is deployed in Republic of East Asia, where a small scale battle is going on between EA and ZAFT, and is thus suitable for conducting combat testing.
- Located in the Raigo's head and shoulders are four M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm automatic CIWS. Despite being classified as Anti Air, these light projectile weapons can also be used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles.
- Beam Rifle
- The beam rifle of Raigo Gundam is stored on the rear waist. This is the primary mid to long range combat weapon and can easily destroy a MS with one shot, but is mostly ineffective against suits with anti-beam coating.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in small shields that can be attached to Raigo's arms. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and are capable of piercing the joints and under-armored sections of mobile suits.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Raigo Gundam can be equipped with powered Striker packs. Each striker pack is designed to outfit the MS with the equipment needed to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency.
- Speculum Striker Pack
- Similar to the Alie Striker, the Speculum Striker increases Raigo's mobility in both Earth and space. Its is equipped with beam sabers and the thrusters were rearranged to make the suit flight capable.
- Caliburn Striker Pack
- Similar to Sword Striker, the Caliburn Striker increases the suit's close combat capabilities. It features improved version of Sword Striker pack's weapons as well as a new armament. Mounted on the left arm is the "Panzer Eisen kai" rocket anchor , the "Midas Messer kai" Beam Boomerang is mounted on the right arm, and both "Schwert Gewehr Kai" anti-ship sword and "Caladbolg" large beam saber are mounted on the backpack.
- Sumbullet Striker Pack
- Like the Launcher Striker, the Sumbullet Striker gives the Raigo long ranged combat capabilities. Its armaments were similar to the Launcher Striker, such as the "Agni Kai" hyper impulse beam cannon, an upgraded version of the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam's "Agni" Hyper Impulse beam cannon. It also adds a more advanced version of the GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam's "Todesblock" plasma-sabot bazooka, the "Todesblock Kai" plasma-sabot cannon, for more firepower. It has a 8-tube missile launcher on the back of the suit.
For Raigo Gundam's history, please go to Lukas O'Donnell's page.
- GAT-FJ108 Raigo Gundam on MAHQ.net
- GAT-FJ108 Speculum Raigo Gundam on MAHQ.net
- GAT-FJ108 Caliburn Raigo Gundam on MAHQ.net
- GAT-FJ108 Sumbullet Raigo Gundam on MAHQ.net