GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam
GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike is a prototype heavy assault mobile suit, it is featured in the anime Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. Its primary pilot was Kira Yamato before it was passed down to ace pilot Mu La Flaga.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
When equipped with the Launcher Striker, the GAT-X105 Strike becomes a heavy assault mobile suit designed long range assault and for taking down fortresses and heavily armored targets. Besides the armament mounted on the GAT-X105 Strike itself (which includes head-mounted CIWS guns and combat knifes), the Launcher Striker adds the large hyper impulse cannon and a combo weapons pod, which contain a 120mm anti-ship Vulcan and two 350mm gun launchers, to the armament of the suit. These last two weapons serve a more defensive use against enemy mobile suits and missiles. This Striker pack is comparable to ZAFT's D-Type equipment.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- Mounted in the Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, or essentially any targets that are too small or otherwise unsuited to use the beam rifle on.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Strike's hips are a pair of folding "Armor Schneider" combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and their blades vibrate at high speed allowing them to pierce through most armor except PS armor.
- "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon
- The primary weapon of the Launcher Strike is a powerful back-mounted "Agni" 320mm hyper impulse beam cannon, which is mainly held by the left arm. At its introduction, it was one of the most powerful mobile suit mounted weapon and is capable of blasting a hole through a colony wall.
- Combo Weapons pod
- The secondary weapon of the Launcher Strike, it contains a multi-barreled 120mm anti-ship Vulcan gun and a pair of 350mm gun launchers. It is mounted on the right shoulder armor and mainly used to defend against missiles and enemy mobile suits.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- As with all of the G Project mobile suits, the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike is equipped with phase shift armor. When activated the Launcher Strike's color is changed from a light grey to a white scheme with a bit of blue and red mixed in. Phase Shift armor, when activated, renders the Strike immune to physical attacks such as bullets, the GINN sword, or against missiles. However Phase Shift armor continually drains the battery of energy, shortening the mobile suit's combat endurance, and uses up additional energy when it is hit.
The Launcher Striker pack is one of the first three Striker Packs created by the Earth Alliance as part of their G Project. The Launcher Strike would first be used in Heliopolis as a means to increase the power of the radio's signal. However Kira Yamato would have to use the Launcher Strike's Agni cannon to fight off Rau Le Creuset. The powerful beam managed to destroy the arm of Rau Le Creuset's ZGMF-515 CGUE, but at the same time blasted a hole in the side of Heliopolis. The action did have the desired result of forcing Rau to retreat.
The Launcher Strike's second use would be in space during a battle against the captured G-Units. The GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike ran low on power and was in danger of being captured. As an emergency procedure, the Launcher Striker pack was launched on the catapult in order for Kira to switch out the equipment. Kira succeeded right as a grenade fired from the GAT-X102 Duel struck. Re-energized, the Launcher Strike used its Agni to force the other Gundams to retreat.
The first Striker pack that the Strike used on Earth would the Launcher Striker. The Launcher Strike would battle in the desert against TMF/A-802 BuCUE mobile suits. At first this did not appear to be a wise choice as the Launcher Strike's movement program was not adapted for the sandy terrain, meaning it could barely move while the BuCUE continued their high-speed attack. Eventually Kira made the proper adjustments and managed to fend off the BuCUEs.
The fourth time the Launcher Strike was used was when the Archangel left Orb waters. The ship discharged a large amount of smoke to hide the Launcher Strike which hid on the hull. From that position the Launcher Strike used the Agni to hold off the enemy mobile suits.
The Launcher Strike would be used once by Mu La Flaga during the time the Three Ships Alliance hid out in the Mendel colony. The Launcher Strike and the GAT-X103 Buster would at one point investigate the interior for ZAFT. Mu and the Launcher Strike would than get into a duel with Rau Le Creuset and his new ZGMF-600 GuAIZ. The Launcher Strike's heavy firepower would prove to be a poor match-up against the GuAIZ's speed and balanced equipment.
- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike on MAHQ.net
- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike on GundamOfficial.com