Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike E is a close combat Mobile Suit in the Cosmic Era timeline. It appears in the Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 STARGAZER: Phantom Pain Report photo novel.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like the Sword Strike Gundam, Sword Strike Gundam E is a close combat mobile suit, however it is superior in terms of fire-power, power efficiency and operating time. The Sword Strike E is the GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E equipped with the Another Trial series AQM/E-X02 Sword Striker Pack, which is an improved version of the GAT-X105's Sword Striker Pack. This new striker pack has an additional rocket anchor and beam boomerang, with the latter now mounted on the former instead of the shoulder. The change in the beam boomerang placement is because the Strike E has additional thrusters on the shoulder, and is thus unable to mount the original Sword Striker's shoulder part. When equipped with this striker pack, some of Strike E's VPS armor turns pale blue.
- M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm automatic CIWS
- Installed in the head of the Strike E are two 12.5 Automatic CIWS (Close-In Weapon System) vulcans. While not very effective at damaging the armor of a MS, they serve as point-defense weapons for destroying incoming missiles, enemy aircraft/fighters and other light-armored targets or to deter enemy MS from closing in.
- M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle
- While most mobile suits feature a single handheld beam rifle, the Sword Strike E instead is equipped with two small M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle. Despite their small size and a 15% decrease in effective combat range compared to standard rifles, these are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. When not in use, they are mounted on the side skirt armor, where the combat knives were stored on the original Strike.
- "Panzer Eisen" rocket anchor
- A "Panzer Eisen" rocket anchor is mounted on each of the Strike E's forearm. The front portion is a rocket-propelled grappling claw that is shot out on a line to hit or grab an enemy unit. The whole weapon itself can function as a shield and has anti-beam coating to defend against beam weapon. Strike E's "Panzer Eisen" has been modified to be able to mount the "Midas Messer" beam boomerang.
- "Midas Messer" beam boomerang
- Sword Strike E is equipped with two beam boomerangs that are mounted on modified "Panzer Eisen" rocket anchors. The beam boomerang is a throwing weapon that emits a short beam blade on one end, and can return to the owner after throwing, often catching enemy units by surprise.
- "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78 meter anti-ship sword
- The "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m anti-ship sword is the Sword Strike E's largest and primary weapon. It is a large physical sword that has a laser blade along the cutting edge. The large blade is designed to easily slice mobile suits in half or to cut off sections of a ship such as the guns. It is stored on the right side of the backpack when not in use.
Special Equipment & Features
- Power extender
- A device that improves a mobile suits energy storage capacity, allowing it to use its Phase Shift Armor for a longer duration than other mobile suits.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- A new version of the Phase Shift armor used on the original Strike. Variable Phase Shift allows the MS to automatically alter the strength and by extension the power consumption of the PS Armor, depending on what combat configuration or situation that MS is in. As a result, the MS's colors changes, but all these must be programmed beforehand. Strike E's VPS armor changes its colors according to the Striker Pack it is equipped with at the moment, but this only applies to the Noir Striker and Another Trial Striker Packs.
- EQS1358 rocket anchor
- One EQS1358 rocket anchor is mounted in each hand and foot, for a total of four rocket anchors. These anchors can be used for various purposes, such as for maneuvering or to grapple a unit and throw it over a short distance. The attached cable is coated with a special polymer that allows the pilot to adjust the physical properties (thickness, strength, etc.) of the cable upon firing.
After their defeat at the end of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Δ Astray, Phantom Pain pilots Dana Snip and Emilio Bloderick are captured by Jess Rabble and his friends. Dana and Emilio subsequently led them to a secret research lab, where they were able to escape captivity and take control of two GAT-X105E Strike E mobile suits that were stored at the lab, using them to launch an attack. However during the battle, Emilio has a change of heart; he attacks Dana's Launcher Strike E using his Sword Strike E and destroys it, saving Jess and friends.