Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Gundam, Launcher Strike Gundam E is a heavy assault mobile suit, however, it is superior in terms of power efficiency and operating time due to the use of VPS armor and the power extender. The Launcher Strike E is the GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E equipped with the Another Trial series AQM/E-X03 Launcher Striker Pack, which is a modified version of the GAT-X105's Launcher Striker Pack. Unlike the original in which the Combo Weapon Pod is mounted on the right shoulder, this new striker pack mounts the weapon pod on a modified backpack as Strike E's right shoulder cannot mount it. When equipped with this striker pack, majority of Strike E's VPS armor turns green.
- M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm Automatic CIWS
- Installed in the head of the Strike E are two 12.5 Automatic CIWS (Close-In Weapon System) vulcans. While not very effective at damaging the armor of a MS, they serve as point-defense weapons for destroying incoming missiles, enemy aircraft/fighters and other light-armored targets or to deter enemy MS from closing in.
- M8F-SB1 "Shorty" Beam Rifle
- While most mobile suits feature a single handheld beam rifle, the Launcher Strike E instead is equipped with two small M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle. Despite their small size and a 15% decrease in effective combat range compared to standard rifles, these are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. When not in use, they are mounted on the side skirt armor, where the combat knives were stored on the original Strike.
- "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Cannon
- The primary weapon of the Launcher Strike E is the powerful "Agni" 320mm hyper impulse beam cannon, which is capable of blasting a hole through a colony wall. It is mounted on the left side of the backpack an arm unit, and held under the left shoulder when in use.
- Combo Weapon Pod (120mm Anti-Ship Vulcan Gun, 2 x 350mm Gun Launcher)
- The secondary weapons of the Launcher Strike E, it is mounted on the right side of the backpack and used to defend against missiles and enemy mobile suits.
Special Equipment & Features
- Power Extender
- A device that improves a mobile suits energy storage capacity, allowing it to use its Phase Shift Armor for a longer duration than other mobile suits.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- A new version of the Phase Shift armor used on the original Strike. Variable Phase Shift allows the MS to automatically alter the strength and by extension the power consumption of the PS Armor, depending on what combat configuration or situation that MS is in. As a result, the MS's colors changes, but all these must be programmed beforehand. Strike E's VPS armor changes its colors according to the Striker Pack it is equipped with at the moment, but this only applies to the Noir Striker and Another Trial Striker Packs.
- EQS1358 rocket anchor
- One EQS1358 rocket anchor is mounted in each hand and foot, for a total of four rocket anchors. These anchors can be used for various purposes, such as for maneuvering or to grapple a unit and throw it over a short distance. The attached cable is coated with a special polymer that allows the pilot to adjust the physical properties (thickness, strength, etc.) of the cable upon firing.
After their defeat at the end of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Δ Astray, Phantom Pain pilots Dana Snip and Emilio Bloderick are captured by Jess Rabble and his friends. Dana and Emilio subsequently led them to a secret research lab, where they were able to escape captivity and take control of two GAT-X105E Strike E mobile suits that were stored at the lab, using them to launch an attack. However during the battle, Emilio has a change of heart; he attacks Dana's Launcher Strike E using his Sword Strike E and destroys it, saving Jess and friends.