GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E is created as part of the "Actaeon Project", a joint development between several companies led by Actaeon Industries and Phantom Pain. Although based upon the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam, GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E has VPS armor and a power extender that improves the MS's operational time.
To give the pilot easier control over the Strike E, it is equipped with an upgraded control and AI system. The Strike E is also fitted with a redesigned head unit intended to improve close combat fighting ability. The cooling vents at the center of the Strike's face have been moved to the side due to changes to the head-mounted CIWS system, and because of the new layout of the enhanced sensor system. At the same time, the cheek armor has also been redesigned for better cooling. Other modifications include a new Phantom Pain communications system to allow ease of communication and coordination between allies during close proximity battle, and environmental sensors that serve to augment the Strike E's combat adaptability.
Strike E retains the head-mounted CIWS guns, but replaces the "Armor Schneider" combat knives with two "Shorty" Beam rifles. Additionally, it mounts rocket anchors in various parts of its body and can use either Strike or Duel Gundam's beam rifle as its optional handheld weapon.
- EQS1358 Rocket anchors
- A more unique feature of the Strike E, one EQS1358 rocket anchor is mounted in each hand and foot, for a total of four rocket anchors. These anchors can be used to grapple a unit and are powerful enough to allow the Strike E to throw the captured unit over a small distance. The attached cable is coated with a special polymer that allows the pilot to adjust the physical properties (thickness, strength, etc.) of the cable upon firing.
- M2M5 "Todesschrecken" 12.5mm automatic CIWS
- Like most other mobile suits, the Strike E also features head-mounted 12.5mm automatic CIWS guns of type M2M5 "Todesschrecken". These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles
- M8F-SB1 "Shorty" Beam rifles
- While most mobile suits feature a single handheld beam rifle, the Strike E instead is equipped with two small M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle. Despite their small size and 15% decreased in shooting range compared to standard rifles, the rifles are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. If not in use, the rifles are mounted on the hips of the unit, on the same spot, where the combat knifes are stored on the original Strike.
- 57mm High-energy Beam Rifle~Strike Gundam's
- One of two optional beam rifles that Strike E can use. It has a longer range than the "Shorty" beam rifle.
- 57mm High-energy Beam Rifle~Duel Gundam's
- The other optional beam rifle that Strike E can use, it also has a longer range than the "Shorty" beam rifle and is fitted with a underslung grenade launcher.
Special Equipment & Features
- Power extender
- The suit features a "power extender" system to increase battery life.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Like its predecessor, the Strike E includes hardpoints for Striker Packs. While it can mount both the old and new Striker Packs, the Strike E has a custom pack which is designed specifically for it, which is the "Noir Striker" and results in the GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir. Additional, the Strike E also has new model Striker Packs which are called Another Trial. The new Sword Striker now has two beam boomerangs and two rocket anchors, both mounted on specialized packs on the forearms, while the new Launcher Striker has the anti-ship vulcan and gun launchers relocated to a modified backpack as Strike E cannot mount them on the shoulder.
- Operating System
- The Strike E uses the General Unilateral Neuro-link Dispersive Autonomic Maneuver synthesis system operating system.
- A new version of the Phase Shift armor used on the original Strike. Strike E's VPS armor can change its colors according to the Striker Packs it is equipped with at the moment, but this only applies to the Noir Striker and Another Trial Striker Packs.
During the first Bloody Valentine War, the Earth Alliance's Atlantic Federation created the Strike as part of its G Project. After the war, as part of the "Actaeon Project" MS development plan, at least one other Strike was re-manufactured. This unit was piloted by Phantom Pain pilot, Sven Cal Payang, and subsequently upgraded. This new Strike variant was designated Strike E, with the "E" standing for "Enhanced". While similar to the original Strike in appearance, the structural and design changes implemented by Actaeon were intended to increase the unit's power efficiency and therefore improve its operating time. An unknown number of Strike E were produced by Actaeon Industries.
Sven's Strike E seems to be initially equipped with IWSP, before switching over to the Noir Striker. The unit often operated as part of a special combat MS platoon with three or more other pilots, which foremost include the GAT-X1022 Blu Duel and GAT-X103AP Verde Buster. The Phantom Pain also had at least two more Strike E units for testing the Another Trial Striker Packs. These two units are later used by Phantom Pain pilots, Dana Snip and Emilio Bloderick.
Another unit, piloted by a mysterious man named Lukas O'Donnell, has appeared alongside Xist Elwes and his CGUE, as a back-up for the Serpent Tail and Alliance forces stationed in East Asia's Forest Preserve No. 13. Lukas used his unit several times to fight against ZAFT forces stationed in the area.