GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E
|Developed from||GAT-X105 Strike Gundam|
|Known Pilots||Sven Cal Payang|
|Head Height||17.72 meters58.136 ft |
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Energy Battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Cockpit in Chest|
|Armor||Variable Phase Shift Armor|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Although based upon the GAT-X105 Strike, the armament of the Strike E is largly different to the original unit. Although it retains head-mounted CIWS guns, it doesn't feature the "Armor Schneider" combat knives but instead mount rocket anchors. Additionally, two small beam rifles are used by the unit.
- EQS1358 Rocket anchors
- A more unique feature of the Strike E is the fact, that it mounts four EQS1358 rocket anchors. Each hand and foot mounts a single anchor. These anchors can be used to grapple a unit and are powerful enough to allow the Strike E to throw the captured unit over a small distance.
- M2M5 "Todesschrecken" CIWS
- Like most other mobile suits, the Strike E also features head-mounted 12.5mm automatic CIWS guns of type M2M5 "Todesschrecken". These guns are the only armament which is similar to the weaponry of the original unit, although, as with the other weapons, of an upgraded design.
- M8F-SB1 "Shorty" Beam rifles
- While most mobile suits feature a single large beam rifle, the Strike E instead is equipped with two small M8F-SB1 "Shorty" beam rifle. Despite their small size, the rifles are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. If not in use, the rifles are mounted on the hips of the unit, on the same spot, where the combat knifes were stored on the original Strike.
- Enhanced Power Unit
- The Strike E has an enhanced power unit granting it a longer operational time.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Like its predecessor, the Strike E includes hardpoints for Striker Packs. While it can mount both the old and new Striker Packs, the Strike E has a custom pack, which was designed specifically for this unit, which is the "Noir Striker", thus forming the GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir. Additional, the Strike E also has new model Striker Packs which are called Another Trial. The new Sword Striker now has two beam boomerangs and two rocket anchors, both mounted on specialized packs on the forearms, while the new Launcher Striker has new thrusters to counter the additional weight of the Launcher Striker Packs.
- Operating System
- The Strike E uses the General Unilateral Neuro-link Dispersive Autonomic Maneuver synthesis system operating system.
- Not only the armaments have been upgraded, the new Strike E also features new special equipment. The foremost change is the fact, that the original Phase Shift armor has been replaced with the newer and more advanced Variable Phase Shift Armor. Strike E's VPS armor changes its colours according to the Another Trial Striker Packs it is equipped with at the moment. It also features an enhanced power unit, granting it longer operational time than the original suit.
During the first Bloody Valentine War, the Earth Alliance's Atlantic Federation created the Strike as part of its G Project. Following the first war, an additional unit was upgraded by the Eurasian corporation Actaeon Industries for the Phantom Pain special forces unit. This new Strike variant was designated Strike E, with the "E" standing for "Enhanced". While similar to the original Strike in appearance, the structural and design changes implemented by Actaeon were intended to increase the unit's power efficiency and therefore improve its operating time.
An unknown number of Strike E models was built with the most notable unit being assigned to Phantom Pain pilot Lieutenant Sven Cal Payang. Sven's unit was usually using the Noir Striker (although he also briefly used the IWSP) and operated as part of a special combat MS platoon with three or more other pilots, which foremost include the GAT-X1022 Blu Duel and GAT-X103AP Verde Buster. The Phantom Pain also had at least two more Strike E units, both used by Phantom Pain pilots, Dana Snip and Emilio Bloderick to test the Another Trial Striker Packs.
Another unit, piloted by a mysterious man named Lukas O'Donnell, has appeared alongside Xist Elwes and his CGUE, as a back-up for the Serpent Tail and Alliance forces stationed in East Asia's Forest Preserve No. 13. Lukas used his unit several times to fight against ZAFT forces stationed in the area.