GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis Gundam
|Developed from||GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam|
|First Seen||73 C.E.|
|Last Seen||74 C.E.|
|Known Pilots||Emilio Bloderick|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Energy Battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso|
|Armor||Phase Shift armor|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Since it is a variant of the original GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam, the GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis ("AA" stands for "Advanced Acceleration") was very similar to the original, in that it retained the same three modes of transformation, a complex internal structure that supports the transformation components, and had nearly identical armament. However, it had very significant advantages. The suit featured wing binders on its back, which increased mobility of its MA mode in the atmosphere. The Rosso Aegis could also transform into a flight mode by arranging the wing binders to mimic the Jet Striker equipment, which allowed it to fly in MS mode.
The Rosso Aegis can fire its "Scylla" multi-phase beam cannon while in either Mobile Armor Attack Mode or in a "Mobile Suit Attack Mode". In MS attack mode the upper body is transformed, removing the torso component which covers the barrel. The MS attack mode looks similar to GAT-X252 Forbidden's close combat mode and shares its ability to bend Scylla's beam. Originally, plans were made by Phantom Pain engineers to install a nuclear fission reactor in place of a standard energy battery.
- Mounted in the Rosso Aegis's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, although it is classified as Anti Air.
- Beam Saber
- Rosso Aegis is equipped with 4 beam sabers that are mounted on the forearms and feet rather than hand-carried, all four can be wielded simultaneously, in either mobile suit or mobile armor configuration.
- 60mm Beam Rifle
- For ranged weapon the system mounts a 60mm high-energy beam rifle
- "Scylla" 580mm Multi-phase Beam Cannon
- A powerful multi-phase beam cannon that is only able to be fired in either Mobile Armor Attack Mode or in a Mobile Suit Attack Mode. In MS attack mode the upper body is transformed, removing the torso component which covers the barrel and has the ability to bend Scylla's beam.
The Rosso Aegis is a re-manufactured and modified Aegis Gundam built as part of the "Actaeon Project" MS development plan. Fielded in Cosmic Era 74, the Rosso Aegis is dispatched by the Earth Alliance and is piloted by Emilio Broderick, whose loyalty however belongs to the special forces Phantom Pain.
Dispatched against the Martian MMF-JG73L Turn Δ, the Rosso Aegis and the GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz were defeating their opponent, until repeated provocation by the Turn-Delta pilot Ergnes Brahe caused Emilio to go berserk. After the Rosso Aegis was destroyed in battle, its wreckage was retrieved by the Junk Guild and examined.
- Like its sister units the GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir, the GAT-X1022 Blu Duel, the GAT-X103AP Verde Buster and the GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz, the unit bears a color-themed name, "rosso" means "red" in Italian and a reference to its color scheme.