Technology & Combat Characteristics
This Mobile Fighter, which represents the space colony of Neo Mexico, is an amphibious-type specially designed for underwater combat. The hat-like structure atop its head houses a rotating fan, which allows the Tequila Gundam to create a powerful whirlpool and pull enemy mobile fighters into the water. While its defensive capabilities are relatively poor, the Tequila Gundam can block attacks with the reinforced armor on its shoulders and forearms, and its ten head-mounted vulcan guns provide 180-degree protection.
In the Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam manga, Tequila Gundam is capable of launching the spikes on its right shoulder armor like missiles.
- Vulcan Gun
- The Tequila Gundam has ten vulcan guns mounted on the hat-like structure atop its head. It provides 180-degree close-range protection and can be used to thwart movement.
- Beam Trident
- A three-pronged beam spear. It is stored on the left side of the Gundam, on the shoulder armor.
- Tequila Vortex
- The hat-like structure atop its head houses a rotating fan, which allows the Tequila Gundam to create a powerful whirlpool and pull enemy mobile fighters into the water.
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Neo Mexico's Tequila Gundam was designed to take advantage of the skills of its powerful pilot, Chico Rodriguez. However Chico's reason for joining the Gundam Fight was to escape to Earth with his sister Gina. Gina had contracted a terminal disease on the Neo Mexico space colony, so Chico became a Gundam Fighter so that they could go down to Neo Mexico on Earth and spend what time they had left at the oceanside. However, Neo Mexico did not like the idea of its Gundam Fighter running off and killing his opposing Gundam Fighters outside of a Gundam Fight. After convincing Chico to join him in a Gundam Fight, Domon Kasshu partially destroyed the Tequila Gundam with the GF13-017NJ Shining Gundam's Shining Finger so that Chico could fake his death and live with his sister. In the eyes of the Neo Mexican authorities, Chico had died valiantly fighting for his country.
Gundam Build Divers
A custom Tequila Gundam Gunpla appears in the fourth episode of Gundam Build Divers. It is piloted by Daniel of the Desperado force, who comes to challenge Tigerwolf to gain points. After defeating two GM Trainer Gunpla, he fights and nearly defeats Riku Mikami, Yukio Hidaka and Momoka Yashiro. He is however interrupted and defeated by Tigerwolf and his Gundam Jiyan Altron.
- Tequila Gundam Daniel Custom
- A custom Gunpla built by Daniel of the Desperado force that appears in Gundam Build Divers. This Gunpla has its armaments replaced with two beam revolvers which can also act as beam sabers. It also has a banjo-shaped beam cannon, which is stored where the beam trident was formerly stored. For extra firepower, Daniel drags the Tail Unit from the GN-003 Gundam Kyrios into battle, to launch a missile bombardment unto his enemies from afar.
- The Kyrios Tail Unit dragged by the Tequila Gundam Daniel Custom is an homage to the 1966 Spaghetti Western film Django, where the title character dragged a coffin containing a machine gun.