GN-0000GNHW/7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G
|Developed from||GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword|
|First Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Known Pilots||Setsuna F. Seiei|
|Head Height||18.3 meters60.039 ft |
|Standard Weight||65.1 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive + GN Particle Tank (1st refit)
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
GN-0000GNHW/7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G (aka 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G, 00 Seven Sword G), is the variant version of GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword. This unit is piloted by Setsuna F. Seiei. It first appears in Mobile Suit Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
00 Gundam Seven Sword/G is a modified variant of 00 Gundam Seven Sword. After the damage sustained from the battle against CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam, 00 Gundam lost both of its GN Drives; the Twin Drive System was no longer functional. However, with Gundams still needed in service, Celestial Being engineers restored 00 Gundam and began experimentation with new technologies. The development team would revisit Gundam Seven Sword and remade it as 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. While superficially identical, the unit was internally modified.
Amongst the modifications, Celestial Being engineers replaced the destroyed drive with a large GN Condenser, the cockpit was modified and installed with equipment to measure the biometrics of Setsuna F. Seiei's quantum brainwaves (QBWs) to perfect development of their own Quantum Brainwave Control System, and added the GN Sword II Blaster to field test. An unconfirmed disability within its defense systems is the GN Field. It was originally utilized in conjunction with the Twin Drive System, but it was never confirmed if it was able to do so after the repairs.
The tests revealed a lot of weaknesses within the system. Without the Twin Drive System, Trans-Am was only capable of utilization for only 0.03 seconds before powering down; it prompted Celestial Being engineer Sherilyn Hyde to develop enhanced systems (primarily in GN Condensers) to utilize GN Particles at greater efficiency. This led to the development of GN-0000GNHW/7SGD2 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G Inspection, but it remains only as technical data. Overall, utilization of 00 Gundam had been reduced because of it, however, its technical data would contribute in developing new systems for future Gundams.
- GN Buster Sword II
- This massive weapon is attached to the solar furnace of the left shoulder, and has 2 modes of operation. In its "keep" state, a.k.a. shield mode, a large omni-directional GN Field is generated. From the scope of the GN field emission, it appears to also be able to protect nearby allies. With regards to the development of this weapon, Ian Vashti analyzed the GN Buster Sword of GN-X II that was stolen by Fon Spaak. With modifications and improvements, this weapon became a melee weapon with top class destructive power. During the testing of the updated Seven Sword/G, the Buster Sword II is also installed with the same stabilizer equipment that was used on the 0 Raiser, though the exact reason this was installed is unknown.
- GN Katar
- Medium sized swords mounted on the add-on parts at both knees. These are a variation of the katars that made up the 00's original modular shield. The cutting edges are made of the material developed from those that are used in GN condensers. As the GN particles change to heat, the heat is transferred to whatever is in contact at the moment. With this feature, it is theoretically possible to attack at high temperatures that cannot be endured by the material of the GN Katar. While these weapons are in the prototype stage and are very unstable, the experimental concept that it uses was eventually perfected and became a standard for many powerful GN Sword designs that came after it.
- GN Sword II Blaster
- A new weapon developed for 00 after the final battle with the Innovators. The blaster's appearance closely resembles the GN Buster Rifle used by the Reborns Gundam. It was first seen being field tested with the 00, and is said to focus more on long-range firing than close-range melee. The "G", added of the Seven Sword's model number in direct reference to the addition of this new weapon, stands for "Gun". The blade presumably uses the same Condenser edge concept that was first experimented with on the GN Katars and was later perfected on the GN Sword III.
- GN Sword II Long
- Mounted on the right of the waist, it has an enhanced rifle mode compared to the currently adopted GN Sword II. Conversely, it also has decreased rapid fire capability and increased particle consumption. It's equipped with the premise of the complete operational Twin Drive System, and also is the only weapon of the Seven Swords designed for long range battle.
- GN Sword II Short
- Mounted on the left of the waist, the GN Sword II was developed as a projectile weapon to replace the GN Beam Dagger which Setsuna often used when piloting Exia. The tip part of the sword is attached to a wire, and can be shot out and retracted as many times as needed.
The Seven Sword weapon set eventually was used by the repaired 00 Gundam after the defeat of the Innovators, including the addition of a new weapon, the GN Sword II Blaster. The repaired 00, Gundam GN-0000GNHW/7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G, is also being modified to suit Setsuna, having evolved into an Innovator.The unit made its debut of destroying a disbanded A-Laws GN-XIII in Gundam 00V Senki.
Later on, Celestial Being conducts a series of tests (also in Gundam 00V Senki), to see if 00 can utilize Trans-Am now that it lacks the Twin Drive System as its power source, by testing several GN Drive/GN Particle Tanks combinations. During which they also tested the viability of the new GN Sword II Blaster as a weapon during the trials. They find that the refitted 00 is unable to use Trans-Am with the single Drive plus single particle tank configuration, but is able to use it for a total of 0.03 seconds with the double Particle Tank configuration. Despite the new limitations in its abilities, 00 had no problem dispatching the unexpected enemies encountered during some of the tests.
Articles & References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Senki Chapter 1
- ↑ Mobile Suit 00V Senki Chapter 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 HG 1/144 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G manual
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V 00 Gundam Seven Sword chapter
- ↑ /Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Gundam Weapons
- ↑ HG 1/144 Trans-Am Raiser