GN-000FA Full-Armor 0 Gundam
|Developed from||GN-000 0 Gundam|
|Head Height||18.0 meters59.055 ft |
|Max Weight||84.9 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||53.4 metric tons|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in torso|
|Propulsion||GN Vernier (cone)|
GN-000FA Full-Armor 0 Gundam (aka Full-Armor 0 Gundam, O Gundam), is an armored version of GN-000 0 Gundam featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00V. The armor was designed by Sherilyn Hyde after Fereshte was absorbed into the main branch.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
Full-Armor 0 Gundam is 0 Gundam equipped with external power-up equipment. Taking inspiration from GNY-004 Gundam Plutone and GN-005 Gundam Virtue, Celestial Being engineers designed and equipped 0 Gundam with armor and weaponry based on its technologies. The result is turning 0 Gundam, from a general purpose unit, into a armored heavy assault unit.
For weapons and systems, Celestial Being engineers took inspiration from Plutone's and Virtue's armor and weapons systems to create the new power-up components: GN Composite Armor (to increase its defensive capabilities), a Beam Bazooka (a small shoulder-mounted version of Virtue's Bazooka), Double Barrel Beam Gun, and a pair of Gundam Vulcans. The GN Composite Armor stores GN Particles and can generate an internal GN Field in small empty spaces beneath the external armor shell for increased defenses against enemy attacks. The Full Armor can be cast off at any time and when it does, the large amounts GN Particle underneath the armor will all burst out and create a temporary defensive barrier that will protect 0 Gundam much like a GN Field.
This equipment would grant the 0 Gundam heavy firepower while taking advantage of the GN particle's weight reduction properties. The equipment was considered for use with 0 Gundam Type ACD during Celestial Being's final battle with the Innovators however the lack of an equipped GN Drive was considered a large drawback thus it was decided not to be deployed.
- Double Barreled Beam Gun
- A double barrel version of 0 Gundam's beam gun. Unlike the original, it can directly be mounted on an armor plating on the forarm leaving the hand free. It can be equipped on either the right or left arm.
- Beam Saber
- One beam saber is visibly stored at the backpack of 0 Gundam. The beam saber is capable of increasing its beam strength for stronger attacks.
- Beam Cannon
- Beam Gun
- A basic beam gun. Unlike the design of most future beam weapons, it possesses no GN Condensers on it. It instead draws compressed particles directly from the GN Drive.
- Gundam Vulcan
- The Vulcan gún stored on the sides of the Gundam's head. Having the greatest rate of fire of all the Gundam's weapons these are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other fast moving targets. They also made good use as an anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons. The Vulcan guns however had a hard time piercing heavy armor (though they had shown the ability to do severe damage to mobile suits if fired at point-blank range) and thus were not often used against larger, more heavily armored foes. Still the Vulcans were useful in preserving ammunition for the Gundam's more powerful weapons such as the beam rifle.
- GN Feathers
- By releasing large amounts of GN Particles, together with control by the Clavical Antenna, the 0 Gundam can form huge wings of light. It provides stability to the unit while in mid-air while disrupting and jamming enemy radar. The wings of light combined with the Gundam's overwhelming power and presence creates a powerful psychological effect on those who see it. Since the 0 Gundam was the 1st Generation test suit, the wing's enormous output was considered to be too inefficient and was not used in later development. It can also be used as a defense mechanism.
- If Full Armor 0 Gundam was equipped with an unlocked GN Drive, it could theoretically initiate the Trans-Am System.
- If Full Armor were to be used as part of Fereshte's armaments as originally intended, it would have had the Veda backup available to it. Since Celestial Being lost Veda support after 2308, the Full Armor would not have Veda backup if it were deployed against the Innovators.
Originally, this equipment, alongside GN-000 0 Gundam, was meant to be used by Fereshte in their intervention operations though it never was used. After the battle with the United Nations Forces ended, this equipment and 0 Gundam were given back to the Ptolemaios team. Before the final battle againts the Innovators occured, this equipment was once againts considered for deployment, but was passed due to the 0 Gundam lacking a GN Drive for itself.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- The Full-Armor 0 Gundam bears a resemblance to the FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type.
- The Full Armor seen in the chapter is when it is equipped with 0 Gundam Type ACD. Since the equipment was already ready since Fereshte Season 1 intervention days, if it was deployed then it would have likely appeared with the original gray 0 Gundam color scheme as opposed to the "RX-78" colors of Type ACD, which was only painted after the 4 year timeskip.
Articles & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Volume 26 "GN-0000FA Full Armor 0 Gundam"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HG 1/144 GN-000 0 Gundam