Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Full-Armor 0 Gundam is 0 Gundam equipped with external power-up equipment. It was developed by Sherilyn Hyde when the 0 Gundam was with Fereshte and was a means of strengthening the Gundam in case it needs to be deployed.
The additional armors on the suit's body are actually GN Composite Armors and besides improving 0 Gundam's defensive capability, the GN particles within also have the effect of reducing the equipment's weight. Additional weapons are also mounted on the armor and includes a Beam Bazooka, a Double Barrel Beam Gun, and a pair of Gundam Vulcans. The Full Armor can be cast off at any time and when it does, the large amounts of GN Particles within the GN Composite Armors will all burst out and create a temporary defensive barrier that will protect 0 Gundam much like a GN Field.
The equipment was considered for use with 0 Gundam Type ACD during Celestial Being's final battle with the Innovators however the lack of an equipped GN Drive was considered a large drawback thus it was decided not to be deployed.
- Double Barreled Beam Gun
- A double barrel version of 0 Gundam's beam gun. It is mounted on the hardpoint of the additional forearm armor, leaving the hand free. It can be equipped on either the right or left arm.
- Beam Saber
- One beam saber is visibly stored on the right side of the backpack of 0 Gundam. The beam saber is capable of increasing its beam strength for stronger attacks.
- Beam Bazooka
- A weapon mounted on the left side of 0 Gundam's backpack. It is similar in concept to Virtue's Bazooka and can release a large amount of GN Particles when fired.
- Gundam Vulcan
- One Vulcan gun is mounted in the additional armor on each side of the Gundam's head. Having the greatest rate of fire of all the Gundam's weapons these are primarily used to ward off advancing enemies, shoot down missiles, or hit other fast moving targets. They also made good use as an anti-aircraft and anti-personnel weapons. They however had a hard time piercing heavy armor (though they had shown the ability to do severe damage to mobile suits if fired at point-blank range) and thus were not often used against larger, more heavily armored foes. Still the Vulcans were useful in preserving ammunition for the Gundam's more powerful weapons such as the beam rifle.
- GN Feathers
- By releasing large amounts of GN Particles, together with control by the Clavical Antenna, the 0 Gundam can form huge wings of light. It provides stability to the unit while in mid-air while disrupting and jamming enemy radar, and also can be used as a defense mechanism. The wings of light combined with the Gundam's overwhelming power and presence creates a powerful psychological effect on those who see it. Since the 0 Gundam was the 1st Generation test suit, the wing's enormous output was considered to be too inefficient and was not used in later development. It can also be used as a defense mechanism.
- If Full Armor 0 Gundam was equipped with an unlocked GN Drive, it could theoretically initiate the Trans-Am System.
- If Full Armor were to be used as part of Fereshte's armaments as originally intended, it would have had the Veda backup available to it. Since Celestial Being lost Veda support after 2308, the Full Armor would not have Veda backup if it were deployed against the Innovators.
Originally, this equipment, alongside GN-000 0 Gundam, was meant to be used by Fereshte in their intervention operations though it never was used. After the battle with the United Nations Forces ended, this equipment and 0 Gundam were given back to the Ptolemaios team. Before the final battle against the Innovators occurred, this equipment was once against considered for deployment, but was passed over due to the 0 Gundam lacking a GN Drive for itself.
Notes & Trivia
- The Full-Armor 0 Gundam bears a resemblance to the FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type.
- The Full Armor seen in the chapter is when it is equipped with 0 Gundam Type ACD. Since the equipment was already ready since Fereshte Season 1 intervention days, if it was deployed then it would have likely appeared with the original gray 0 Gundam color scheme as opposed to the "RX-78" colors of Type ACD, which was only painted after the 4 year timeskip.
Articles & References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Volume 26 "GN-0000FA Full Armor 0 Gundam"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 HG 1/144 GN-000 0 Gundam