GN-009 Armed Seraphim Gundam
|Developed from||GN-004 Gundam Nadleeh|
|First Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Last Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Known Pilots||Tieria Erde|
|Head Height||16.6 meters54.462 ft |
|Standard Weight||27.4 metric tons|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
GN-009 Armed Seraphim (aka Armed Seraphim,Seraphim), is the partner unit to GN-008GNHW/B Seravee Gundam.
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
Armed Seraphim is essentially Seraphim Gundam with added vernier thrusters, a pair of GN Cannons, and beam machine gun was added as its new arsenal. When in combat, a beam machine gun is attached to one of its knees. When transformed, the gun can dislodge from Seraphim for rapid beam fire; the overall strength of its firepower is unknown. The verniers on its shoulders give Seraphim added speed and maneuverability. Everything else overall is what Seraphim can previously do before the upgrades. The additions are removable on electronic command should the additions interfere with the mission.
- GN Beam Saber
- Stored within Seraphim's arms is a pair of beam sabers. Just like the GN Cannons, the sabers can be used in either backpack or mobile suit mode.
- GN Cannon
- Both of Seraphim's MS arms can transform into GN Cannons, however the cannons are only useful against slow-moving and large targets. While the accuracy of the weapon is high, it's lag-time to reach its target(s) prompts the pilot to often use it in shorter ranges for greater effectiveness. Two more GN Cannons can be added to the Seraphim, inheriting them from the Seravee GNHW/B. The pair cannons can be detached from the the hips of Seravee and onto the hips of Seraphim; the cannons are capable of swiveling to a limited degree for vector assault.
- GN Beam Machinegun
- Inherited from the prototype GN-00902 SEM, the GN Beam Machinegun is given to the Seraphim for extra firepower; the depth of its firepower is undefined. It's presumed to be a more powerful version to the GN Vulcans. For untold reasons, Tieria or CB engineers never loaded up the machine gun to Seraphim .
- Face Burst Mode
- Seravee's rear has a hidden face behind its back, the hidden backpack form of Seraphim. Since Seraphim contains the GN Drive, it disperses excess GN particles when needed and stores the particles when Face Burst Mode isn't needed. When high GN particle output is needed, a second Gundam face reveals itself hidden under the armor pack. When the second face reveals, the lower sides of its face vents large amounts of GN particles necessary for immediate GN Field generation/regeneration and works in conjunction with Seravee's GN particle weapons for higher destructive yield. The GN particle vents also provides additional thrust for maneuvering and hauling. Face Burst Mode is the most actively used function of Seravee. For Seraphim, Face Burst Mode activates in conjunction with Trial.
Armed Seraphim was sortied once for the final climatic battle with Innovators and A-Laws at L2. For untold reasons, Tieria or CB engineers never loaded up the machine gun to Seraphim. During the battle against Hiling/Garazzo and Revive/Gadessa, Seravee was defeated in battle, but Seraphim remained intact. After Tieria had been killed by Innovator leader Ribbons, Tieria transferred his consciousness within Veda and remotely activated Seraphim via quantum brainwaves. Seraphim (with full use of Veda) detached its verniers and activated Trial Field, disabling both the Gaga Forces and the Innovator's MS for a short while until it was destroyed by Ribbons in his MS in Cannon Mode. But presumably salvaged by Celestial Being for restoration in service.
- Seraphim is plural of word "seraph", which is a name of one of a class of celestial beings mentioned in Hebrew Bible.
- Armed Seraphim itself was never used in the original anime but is considered an official mobile suit and was packaged in the 1/144 HG Seravee Gundam GNHW/B set. It later made its only anime appearance in the Special Edition of Gundam 00 Season 2 during the final battle at the Celestial Being utilizing its Trial System. That scene originally shows the normal Seraphim with all its Armed parts purged out but was replaced with the Armed version in the Special Edition.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00P File no. 4