Technology & Combat Characteristics
Used by team Celestial Sphere's team leader, Wilfrid Kijima, the Transient Gundam's design is based on the various GN Drive-equipped mobile suits appearing in Mobile Suit Gundam 00. The Gunpla's weaponry consists of up to two double-edged spears known as GN Partizans, and a pair of wrist-mounted GN Vulcans that can also function as GN Beam Sabers. The GN Partizans function as both melee and ranged weapons, and each can also act as one large Lance Bit or separate into two small Lance Bits. The Gunpla is also equipped with a GN Field for defensive purposes, and its trump card is the Transient Burst - a customized system that grants the Gunpla increased combat performance for a time. While airborne and in space, the Transient Gundam's feet are folded up.
- GN Partizan
- A large double-edged spear, the GN Partizan is a melee weapon with versatile uses. When swung, it can either fire a series of homing/curved beam shots or a large crescent-shaped beam. The GN Partizan can transform into a dedicated shooting form when the larger spear tip opens up. In this form, the GN Partizan can rapid fire standard beam shots or charged up for a beam cannon-like blast depending on how much the spear tip spreads apart. It can also function as a large Lance Bit or separate into two small Lance Bits. Furthermore, the weapon can be used for defensive purposes as it can be used to block both physical or beam attacks, and a makeshift Defense Rod with GN Field-like capabilities can be formed when the GN Partizan is spun rapidly. When required, the Gunpla can be equipped with two of these weapons and by crossing them, a series of lightning bolt-like attacks can be released.
- Lance Bit
- Each GN Partizan can function as a large remote controlled weaponry known as lance bit that can separate into two small lance bits. Regardless of the size, the lance bits are mainly used for close combat, but they also retain the GN Partizan's ranged combat capability.
- GN Vulcan/GN Beam Saber
- Located on the wrists, the GN Vulcans are smaller versions of GN Beam weaponry. They have a high rate of fire, but are low in power. As a result, they are mainly used as secondary ranged weapon or as defensive weapons for shooting down missiles, etc. The GN Vulcans can also generate GN Beam Sabers for close combat, and these GN Beam Sabers are used together with the small lance bits to perform the Gunpla's killer move.
- GN Smash Rifle
- A custom GN beam rifle used by the Gundam Portent, it is given to the Transient Gundam by Shia for use in the overtime battle during the finals of the U-19 Championship.
Special Equipment and Features
- GN Field
- A particle-based defensive barrier used by mobile suits powered by a GN Drive, the GN Field is capable of blocking most beam and physical attacks.
- Transient Burst
- A particle emission system, it drastically enhances the power of the Transient Gundam when activated. When the Transient Burst is used, the entire Gunpla glows blue and three energy wings are generated from the three clear blue parts on the back.
Notes & Trivia
- This Gunpla shares many similarities with the GN-001 Gundam Exia, PPGN-001 Gundam Amazing Exia, and PPGN-001 Gundam Exia Dark Matter, including its overall design, placement of translucent parts, and its use of close quarters weaponry as its primary armament.
- As Wilfrid Kijima has stated that he wants to become the next Meijin, his choice of Gunpla may be a reference to the third Meijin's use of Gundam Amazing Exia and Gundam Exia Dark Matter.
- Transient Gundam is the third Mobile Suit to have the numbers 9999 on its model number. The others are GX-9999 Gundam X Maoh and XM-X9999 Crossbone Gundam Maoh, both of which were built by Mao Yasaka.
- Transient Gundam is the only GN-type Gunpla to produces a GN Particle coloration that wasn't used in the original Mobile Suit Gundam 00 series, which is blue. Whereas Celestial Being suits emit green GN Particles, antagonist suits emit red/orange GN Particles, and ELS-assimilated suits emit purple GN Particles.
- The Transient Burst is very similar to the Quantum System utilized by the GNT-0000 00 Qan［T］.
- The energy phenomenon produced by the Transient Burst resembles the Celestial Being insignia.